Home

NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coast

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coast within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14 - New Signature Skills Revealed, Including Pre-Order LeBron Coast to Coast

Thanks to @DmanUnt2014 for the video footage and @IpodKingCarter for the images captured for details of the new NBA 2K14 Signature Skills listed below.

Chris Manning (@LD2K) also mentioned that the developers went in and tinkered with all of the original Signature Skills from last year, as they rebalanced and made sure they were more polished.

UPDATE: Just added all of the new NBA 2K14 Signature Skills screenshots, thanks to @LD2K.
  • LeBron Coast to Coast (Available for pre-orders)

Takes the ball coast to coast and finishes through contact. Speed, Quickness and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted 4 points and the shot penalty enforced for hitting a defender is decreased when taking the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

• One Man Fastbreak

A player known for his ability to take the ball coast to coast on a fastbreak. Speed, Quickness and Ball-Handling attributes are boosted 6 points if this player takes the ball from one end of the court to another on a fastbreak following a change of possession.

• Pick Dodger

A player that does not get caught up on screens very easily. He counters the Brick Wall Signature Skill, and when hitting a screen set by a regular player, the screen often fails to be effective.

• Tenacious Rebounder

This player is known for his relentlessness when going for rebounds. During rebound situations, he receives up to a 50% increase in winning boxout battles and poking balls loose on rebounds.

• Flashy Passer

This player is known for accurate flashy passes. When throwing a flashy pass, the penalty enforced will be reduced by up to 60%.

• Screen Outlet

A player who excels as the receiver in the pick & roll / pop game. If this player shoots immediately following a screen he set, he receives up to a 4 point boost to his shooting attribute.

• Pick & Roll Maestro

A ball-handler who excels at orchestrating the pick & roll. As the point man in a pick & roll, immediately following a screen this player receives a 3 point boost to his shooting attribute and is more accurate than most when passing to the screener.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Nice upload!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NBA 2K14: Every Signature Skill Revealed

I hope the Lebron sig skill isn't cheesy. Hopefully it's only off of rebounds or steals.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

the bron sig skill seems cheesy(as expected it would be)

i see abuncha ppl turboing and dunking over 3 ppl
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Lin+ harden+ Howard + pick n roll sig skills=

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm trying to stay away from assuming but I just wasn't a fan of signature skills in 2k13, doesn't mean they can't work as intended in 2k14. But that tenacious rebounder signature skill is making me cringe after coming from 2k13 with the offensive rebounding issues.

Coast to Coast and the Lebron signature skill doesn't bother me because all you have to do is slow them down, and pick them up.

Last edited by jersez; 08-30-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

I like them all in idea except the one man fastbreak and coast to coast. However, if its a stamina penalty or drain when triggered that would help. My question is when does the break technically end?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
Rookie

zimmtron's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks like they changed the name of Spot-Up Shooter to Catch & Shoot