Home

NBA 2K14 - More on the Pro Stick, Smoothness and Responsiveness (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - More on the Pro Stick, Smoothness and Responsiveness (Polygon) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm really happy with all that's being said about the smoothness of the game. Starting to get pumped
Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 - More on the Pro Stick, Smoothness and Responsiveness (Polygon)

There probably isn't, but there should be a way to stop pass bobble animations sooner. Those are the involuntary animations that are the most annoying to me. Something simple, like letting go of all the buttons when you see the animation starting would be fine. In real life basketball when you get a bobble you are trying to stabilize yourself as soon as possible. Also, maybe you could press pass in the middle of one and do a low-percentage shovel pass if you are falling out of bounds. Since things are getting more responsive and more animations are given more control to shift from, I'd like to see the bobbles get some, any, control.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 - More on the Pro Stick, Smoothness and Responsiveness (Polygon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava Medvadenko
There probably isn't, but there should be a way to stop pass bobble animations sooner. Those are the involuntary animations that are the most annoying to me. Something simple, like letting go of all the buttons when you see the animation starting would be fine. In real life basketball when you get a bobble you are trying to stabilize yourself as soon as possible. Also, maybe you could press pass in the middle of one and do a low-percentage shovel pass if you are falling out of bounds. Since things are getting more responsive and more animations are given more control to shift from, I'd like to see the bobbles get some, any, control.
This is a great idea. If we could have a fighting chance, however small, of regaining control, it would make certain animations much less annoying. It's not just that these things happen randomly, which is fine since you need to simulate mistakes, but that you're not able to smash a button, release the stick, do something to at least stay engaged with the game during the animation.

You should still fail most of the time but feeling like you are fighting for control rather than being helpless would make formerly frustrating moments actually engaging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfl87
How can u improve if you choose to stick with the same game plan... If it brings us all closer to the real aspect of basketball then what's wrong with a new control scheme every year.. The goal is to reproduce real basketball at the control of your fingertips...
I agree. Its one thing to make unnecessary changes just to make changes and say the game is different but if the changes make the gameplay that much better, realistic, and fun then I have no problem with it. Last year people were equally as skeptical about the new control scheme and imo it was one of the best control changes 2k made in years. This year will take some getting use to but it sounds like it will be worth it. My gripe about 2k has always been the feel and responsiveness of the players. It seems each year it gets better and better, hopefully this will be the year they find a sweet spot for controls so that they wont have to do these control changes every year and instead they can focus on improving other areas of the game with minor tweaks to the control aspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »