Home

OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Where does EA Football Stand at the End of This Generation? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am completely content with how Madden is leaving this generation. Animations look smooth, the blocking schemes are better, Smarter AI, just a better overall game. There are improvements year over year. I honestly believe if this game had that 2k Sports label on it, people would be more accepting of the game, but since it has EA branding it doesn't get the credit it deserves. They say Madden doesn't change every year when honestly its Madden 2010 plays way differently then Madden 25. Even Madden 13 isn't as fluid or as realistic, but I'm sure I will be shunned for speaking positively about Madden but I don't really care.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I am completely content with how Madden is leaving this generation. Animations look smooth, the blocking schemes are better, Smarter AI, just a better overall game. There are improvements year over year. I honestly believe if this game had that 2k Sports label on it, people would be more accepting of the game, but since it has EA branding it doesn't get the credit it deserves. They say Madden doesn't change every year when honestly its Madden 2010 plays way differently then Madden 25. Even Madden 13 isn't as fluid or as realistic, but I'm sure I will be shunned for speaking positively about Madden but I don't really care.
Idk why anyone would shun you. Its just your opinion. I have thoroughly enjoyed Madden every year until M13. I just feel like the infinity engine should not have been released until next gen when it was truly polished. The post play animations drive me crazy at times. I understand all the improvements made to CFM but I want to be able to edit player ratings myself also. I feel as though I am in the minority with this request though.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3
Bravo Jayson Young.

However if the analogy you used were to take place within Madden, then the punt probably would have just carried on into the end zone with the physics of a basketball and not a football. 1st and 10 at the 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've not been the biggest football fan in the world, but I've at least played every Madden since '09, only missing '08 and '07 in the series, and played every Madden since '03 before then. In my opinion, '04 had the most playability, until Madden 25. That, it just blew the roof for me, the owner mode just intoxicated me as soon as I picked up the Early Access copy, I'm actually renting the game this week and I'm going to contemplate whether or not to buy it. I actually blew off my friends for a few hours to play it, I couldn't understand it, I felt like I was back in my own sadistic little gaming bubble again, but I wanted to release it to the world through YouTube, my owner struggles. I won a Super Bowl with the Chargers in my first season as an owner, only playing 5 regular season games, and the Super Bowl itself, I did have it on All-Pro, but I'm awful at the gameplay. I do have to say, the transition between Madden 13 and Madden 25 took a few downs, but the defense has been massively improved and is now the key part of my game. I hope Ultimate Team has more playability, and I might even post a YouTube series of a Road to Division 1. But, with the NCAA Football 15, it doesn't look likely. But, this could mean that 2K may just invest into the costs so they can bring out their own version of College Hoops. It's a shame that EA are losing schools and leagues inside the NCAA, because a collection of NCAA Football 15, Madden 15, College Hoops 15 and NBA Live 15 would be amazing! Wait... NCAA Live 15?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7
This gen I feel Madden gets a 6 out of 10. They started off so bad and finally got it together for the most part by Madden 12. Then instead of being like MLB the Show and perfecting things they started to take crap out again that really needed to be in. Madden 25 is really good but still has nagging issues like, 32 team control is bad(what happened to hitting 1 button to select ALL 32 teams?) defense, and using our own rosters and going into Franchise just to have the CPU screw up our depth charts all over again cause rosters don't lock. I hope Madden for PS4 has all these features.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7
I feel this gen never really made any real solid strides. Yes there were alot of things added and some improvements, but ultimately not enough. Madden 25 is every Madden of this gen rolled into one and I would have liked it to be a completely different game. I wanted some overhaul and we really didnt get alot of that. A word to descibe this gen? "Half-a$$ed"..Ok, thats two words. I just feel like these devs didnt do enough to make a complete experience. We all like the game, for the most part, because we like football but that doesnt mean Madden is completely satifiying. When you look at a game like "MLB The Show" it boggles my mind because how is it that those devs of that game can make that experience yet these devs cant for football??? Thats the question I will always have of this gen.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
It's simple people, don't buy Madden, I haven't bought it since 08 and will continue to withhold from getting a football game until EA at least starts putting quality improvements first instead of making money. I'd rather wait until there's another competitor with the NFL license even if that meant I'd have to wait year after year. I've been doing so, and I'm getting used to the same reactions about Madden: the masses/casual enjoy it, the purists don't because it is not up to simulation standards other sports games are or are closely approaching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
It's amazing how the Madden's in the PS1 and PS2/Xbox days continually got better, and then once 2006 hit, next-gen Madden went into the s***ter. Hasn't really recovered ever since. The amount of regression is astounding. "New" features in this years Madden and last years Madden were already in the Madden's from the PS2 days. How is that possible?

1. Because the consumers are naive enough to keep buying these essential roster updates with extra gloss.
2. EA's monopoly of the football video game and due to this, allowing themselves to marginally update their game because there is no competition.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »