Home

NHL 14 - Online Modes Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - Online Modes Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: NHL 14 - Online Modes Improvements

+7 boosts now? we already had way too many XP at our disposal last year, we certainly don't need more. everyone is an indestructible dangle-master physics-defying ice skater already.

although it does say that boosts can not go over the attribute cap this time, did I read that right? that is great news if true, but I am sure they raised the caps then on every attribute. but it does allow them to set a hard cap for each player type that cannot be compromised, as long as they test the maxed out builds for each type -- we should no longer have builds that break the AI and game (at least I hope so, EA never catches this stuff usually).

the other changes sound good. I am just always weary of EASHL turning into arcade hockey on crack once everyone earns their legend cards...
Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
M-dog,oh how I love ill informed comments. The fact is,they didn't reward you enough for being a legend. I mean a legend and my cap is 81/82 as a winger? Really? Get a clue. At least NHL 12 I was able to be an 89overall. I think they should make legend harder to obtain by increasing games played needed,making grades harder like NHL10 and that way the gap between true great players and the rooks will be obvious and rightly so. Fix the AI, where a bad team gets a superb comp d and fix the broken stick lift. This game needs help and taking away an already low overall cap is not the answer. Go watch some Bure highlights and look how quick he dangled,that is how it should be.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 14 - Online Modes Improvements

Overalls mean nothing online.

I can be a default 50 or whatever and compete just fine with guys that are 75 to 81 depending on what player build you are.

It don't matter if I'm a rookie 1 and your a legend 3. It don't matter.

This games needs to go the Fifa route again. Copy their be a pro stuff. Don't let us add points etc. Add them for us in spots when we do certain things. Score 50 goals or make 150 passes, etc etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 14 - Online Modes Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Overalls mean nothing online.

I can be a default 50 or whatever and compete just fine with guys that are 75 to 81 depending on what player build you are.

It don't matter if I'm a rookie 1 and your a legend 3. It don't matter.

This games needs to go the Fifa route again. Copy their be a pro stuff. Don't let us add points etc. Add them for us in spots when we do certain things. Score 50 goals or make 150 passes, etc etc.
I agree man, only problem is that it would lead to boosting those stats just like in FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »