Home

OS is Seeking Writers!

This is a discussion on OS is Seeking Writers! within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS is Seeking Writers!

It's the most wonderful time of the year here at OS, as it's release season around here! Recently we've had some writing positions both open up and be created, and we need talented and passionate individuals to apply!

Currently, we are looking for writers within for games within the following positions: associate football beat, basketball beat writer, associate soccer beat. If you play sports games avidly with any of those three sports and would like to apply keep reading!

We are looking for writers who are:
  • Passionate about their beat.
  • Able to contribute at least one piece of content per week.
  • People who write complete sentences in a way which draws the audience in.
  • Able to give at least one full year to their beat.

If you think you are the person for the job, here is what you need to gather up:
  • A resume.
  • Two relevant writing samples under 300 words apiece (snippets will do).
  • Your OS Username, Twitter handle, and any other relevant info to let us know who you are.
  • The position you are applying for in the subject line.

Since we are an instruction and deadline based site -- failure to provide everything listed above results in your application being thrown into a burning trash heap no matter if you were the second coming of Ernest Hemingway or not.

Our hiring process is competitive, so we expect you to bring your very best to the table.

All applications are due September 12, 2013 at noon EST and they should be sent to me at [email protected].

We look forward to hearing from you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
So can anyone apply and have this as their first writing job? Because I know a pretty good amount about WWE and the WWE games so I'd love to jump on this opportunity.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyteddytaco
So can anyone apply and have this as their first writing job? Because I know a pretty good amount about WWE and the WWE games so I'd love to jump on this opportunity.
Unfortunately we aren't looking for WWE writers at this time. But yes, you can apply if it's your first writing gig -- ultimately we put more weight into the sample articles than experience.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Unfortunately we aren't looking for WWE writers at this time. But yes, you can apply if it's your first writing gig -- ultimately we put more weight into the sample articles than experience.
Okay that's cool, I do play madden too but I'm not as big if an nfl watcher since I started school but I may apply if that's open.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've always wanted a job as a sports columnist, and I've been looking for volounteer work I can do so this can really help! I just think I might write 2 pieces of writing and send in the highlight cause from those pieces with the links... This may even help me on my college hunt!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: OS is Seeking Writers!

Well i'll get into this. I write a couple articles here and there ill love to contribute more to the site.
★“Your expectations always exceed outside expectations. I feel like you just can’t stop working, can’t stop getting better, because I’ll be a failure in my eyes before I’m a failure in someone else’s eyes.” - Arron Afflalo
Old 09-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
Just started!

Re: OS is Seeking Writers!

Becoming a writer is hardly a simple feat. To become a writer one must practice and work hard. It can be said that many writers are writers, but few of them know how to become a writer. The label "writer" is just simply a label, it is all the hard work and determination of reaching that status that truly gives the writer that makes them worthy of the title.

whiplash claims
whiplash symptoms

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »