Home

Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K

This is a discussion on Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
Dude you are spot on. Why all the 2K hate when I clearly saw better in the 2 secs of 2k next gen than the 5 secs of EA next gen. the EA product just looks cartoony to me whilst 2k will hopefully look more photorealistic..
Please please don't let Live fool the people. They coming out on a new system which means no demo.
Yes the same can be said about 2K, but they have history of producing a good product. NBA live has had 3 years to make a game for current gen and couldn't deliver that means poor direction, poor excecution, and poor development, I want to give Live a try but I can't due to the fact that I have nothing to go off that will convince me this game will be good. There innovation is BounceTek are you kidding me....I would rather them have something A.I player interaction that impacts 5 on 5 play. Players all think independently yet cohesively. They move around with purpose on offense and defense. EA sport it's in the game is the slogan but yeah is it true to the game? 2K there is your slogan "2K Sports, its true to da game!"
Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Never forget. http://youtu.be/GxVENsPOSg8
Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K

Can't wait for Live 14. It is so far ahead of 2k in next generation consoles. 2k just now figured out how to implement blocks in their game! Lmao! Blocking shots is one of the most fundamental things of basketball and 2k finally understands.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Been wavering on my XBO preorder. Pretty much waiting to see more of Live as it will be the system seller for me. Everything else I can suck up and play on my 360.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice123
Can't wait for Live 14. It is so far ahead of 2k in next generation consoles. 2k just now figured out how to implement blocks in their game! Lmao! Blocking shots is one of the most fundamental things of basketball and 2k finally understands.
I didn't block them frequently but I've blocked dunks in 2k13. All other shots are blockable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Please please don't let Live fool the people. They coming out on a new system which means no demo.
Yes the same can be said about 2K, but they have history of producing a good product. NBA live has had 3 years to make a game for current gen and couldn't deliver that means poor direction, poor excecution, and poor development, I want to give Live a try but I can't due to the fact that I have nothing to go off that will convince me this game will be good. There innovation is BounceTek are you kidding me....I would rather them have something A.I player interaction that impacts 5 on 5 play. Players all think independently yet cohesively. They move around with purpose on offense and defense. EA sport it's in the game is the slogan but yeah is it true to the game? 2K there is your slogan "2K Sports, its true to da game!"
so your telling me a new dribbling system isn't innovative? a dribbling system that might replicate how players actually move and dribble in real life?, hence "true player motion." Dribbling plays a huge part in basketball, especially with stars that can dribble, such as kyrie. This is a great way to differentiate players (in terms of dribbling and movement), something 2k doesn't offer, dribbling looks and feels the same with every player.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #23
Rookie

and i know we've all seen the dribbling tech demo. If the game plays and moves like this during 5on5 action, and they have core bball fundamentals down, then i dont see why this game cant be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqus9LL3_Uo

The movement looks fantastic compared to where live used to be
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice123
How do you know it's so far ahead?? I've been blocking shots fine in 2k for years and now you can block dunks. When was the last time you played a new basketball game from EA? Not basing EA at all, but 2k clearly won on this gen and we've yet to see really anything about next gen from either. Let's just chill and choose when real info is released and showed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »