Home

Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

This is a discussion on Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year

I'm waiting for Next gen Madden, I could not bring me to play another version of current gen Madden if you payed me. So board with the same gameplay mechanics, same issues, same graphics etc.

Really wish the Exclusive thing would die so I could at least alternate NFL games every other year.

When the hell are we going to see more of next gen Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I didn't buy it, because Madden 12 is a better game IMO. Physics would be a awesome feature if they worked and looked right, but Madden 25 looks weird in motion to me. Madden 12 is a much more complete game on the field to me, so why spend money on 25?

The only good things I can say about Madden 25 over 12 is pass traject(and I have madden 13 if I have to have this), better looking grass(only matters to some), and ball hawk. Maybe the zoom camera is better, but no big deal as Madden 12's is playable too.

What I find interesting is I could snap a photo of a Madden 12 replay zoomed in close, and you would think it was next gen graphics. Shiny helmets with fleck, reflected mirror like visors(just like next gen showed off with Vick), and just a great look to it IMO. Was really close to the next gen photo's EA released(specially if it had 1080p resolution).The only thing bad with Madden 12 visually was the grass with many stadiums. Gameplay wise, it isn't even close. Madden 12 plays a much more competitive game. Everything feels more polished to me, and you don't see as much last minute speed adjusting by the cpu. It just looks nice. It was on it's way to becoming a great game.

Madden 12 is the best NFL game this generation IMO.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

This probably means pre-ordered xbones will come with digital version of madden for free, to help them skew the numbers even more.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
For those saying that the drop in numbers is due to next-gen being right around the corner, do you think that Call Of Duty Ghosts will suffer the same fate? I think not. Facts are facts, people are fed up with Madden.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
This probably means pre-ordered xbones will come with digital version of madden for free, to help them skew the numbers even more.
I'm glad I'm getting a PS3 :P

Also, good news in general. This company needs to go belly under for us to have a good football game. Didn't buy it for the first time ever, glad to see others are on the same page.

For the record, I LOVE football as most of you do too. However, i didn't pass on the game because I wanted to wait for next gen, I passed because it sucked. I assume most people who didnt buy are in the same boat (aircraft carrier) I am in. I struggled not to buy it, and being a hardcore football fan just shows how much this game sucks. I won't even buy it for the next gen incentive and I'm forcing myself to wait months in the hopes next gen is playable. So yeah, the people who didnt buy, didnt buy because it's trash.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #30
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
Oh lord....

Cant imagine what sales would have looked like without the season ticket offer...
The offer was limited to 100k and became Amazon's biggest ever sports pre-order ever. EA also reported the most revenue from ultimate team in a single day, it's not all doom and gloom. Roughly half my friends are waiting for next gen, a few of us picked up 25 now to tinker w/ an online franchise until then.

There's no realistic sign of this leading to anything really, it would be news if sales were not down.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #31
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Agreed, pretty humorous to see people actually thinking that this matters.

Now if Madden 2015 sales are down significantly on the PS4/Xbox One release, then it's something worth talking about. But this means absolutely nothing. People making something out of nothing, as usual.
you don't have to wait until the next gen to see if this drop is because of next gen or people are sick of.

wait until nba 2k14 and fifa 14 come out. if they are down also, it was next gen. if not, then people are sick of madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

Price drop coming?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »