Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Rookie

Deck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Oh and Bargnani got 5+ REB. Career high ? lol He is a career 5.7 per 36
Old 09-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
MVP

OkayC's Arena

I'll say my overall review from what ive seen in this video. I never thought that graphics would bother me so much, But they do. The player models are fine and all, but i would like to have seen a difference in the timeout hub and scoreboard other than just color. But that stuff is still minor to me.

Based on gameplay:

3's fell to easily-(not all those 3's were wide open, some were long 3's and had defenders in front of them, and though the defender wouldn't contest, guys in the nba still don't shoot 3's like that with defenders in front of them)

post game still looks basic- but whatever i'll deal with that i guess

animations looked much improved- so now offensive players can't create space for shots just by getting your defender stuck in a weird animation

Shot animations look smoother- this bullet point speaks for itself

contact in the paint has me on the fence- its easier to block layups and dunks now, theres no more unstopable dunk or layup animations, but the ball still seems to enter the post a little to easily which leads me to my next point

Passing- its faster, its harder to pick off, but it still enters the post a little to easily

shots still seem to fall at a high rate- Both these guys ended with 50% plus fg%, and they both shot close to 50 from 3 if im not mistaken, the biggest problem ive had with this game is the ridiculously high fg% at the end of games, even on sim you can still end with a team fg% of above 50 on a consistent basis. Some times you just have good games but you shouldn't on a nightly basis end a game with over 45% from the field as a team. I believe denver led the league in fg% last year and averaged 47%. While most teams on average have about 44-45%.

These improvements and criticisms are from just one game, so i don't know if this stuff will be the norm or not, so i can't tell till i play the game on a regular basis for myself. But if this is what we do have to look forward to, theres about a 50/50 chacne i'll get it.

Last edited by OkayC; 09-06-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminatos94
I'd love to see what the zones look like, especially the 1-3-1.

If that Shookya crap is still in there then I'll be skipping 2k this year.
YOUR WELCOME

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Looks like 2K13 but gameplay seems better, 2K is still using that same Nick Young from 2K11, SMH.
2k13 * you mean he didn't have a fro in 2k11 or 12

Last edited by Red Kafe; 09-06-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

i was like ahhhh... specially when felton did that self alley oop... please remove it from the game if you really want to consider yourself SIM 2k...

i could just say "oh they were not playing d or blah blha" but nah i dont like it... in previous 2k you did not hit that many 3s when someone was close unless you had a good shooter... so Wesley Johnson and Farmar shooting 3s nah i aint buying it.

Will get it for PC cheaper and try to customize it... if is any good and i can actually play D or if a patch is dropped might get it for current gen or just wait for the next gen that will be around the corner

Click here to watch something funny (2K14)
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Deck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I'll say my overall review from what ive seen in this video. I never thought that graphics would bother me so much, But they do. The player models are fine and all, but i would like to have seen a difference in the timeout hub and scoreboard other than just color. But that stuff is still minor to me.

Based on gameplay:

3's fell to easily-(not all those 3's were wide open, some were long 3's and had defenders in front of them, and though the defender wouldn't contest, guys in the nba still don't shoot 3's like that with defenders in front of them)

post game still looks basic- but whatever i'll deal with that i guess

animations looked much improved- so now offensive players can't create space for shots just by getting your defender stuck in a weird animation

Shot animations look smoother- this bullet point speaks for itself

contact in the paint has me on the fence- its easier to block layups and dunks now, theres no more unstopable dunk or layup animations, but the ball still seems to enter the post a little to easily which leads me to my next point

Passing- its faster, its harder to pick off, but it still enters the post a little to easily

shots still seem to fall at a high rate- Both these guys ended with 50% plus fg%, and they both shot close the 50 from 3 if im not mistaken, the biggest problem ive had with this game is the ridiculously high fg% at the end of games, even on sim you can still end with a team fg% of above 50 on a consistent basis. Some times you just have good games but you shouldn't on a nightly basis end a game with over 45% from the field as a team. I believe denver led the league in fg% last year and averaged 47%. While most teams on average have about 44-45%.

These improvements and criticisms are from just one game, so i don't know if this stuff will be the norm or not, so i can't tell till i play the game on a regular basis for myself. But if this is what we do have to look forward to, theres about a 50/50 chacne i'll get it.
I'm okay with shooting 50%+, what I'm not okay is shooting 50%+ with the shot selection they had.

You can see the Heat play on one of their 50% night's, it's either a drive/a corner 3 or free-throw line jumpers. Spurs and Warriors do it with the flow of the offense and running off picks.

A team that relies heavily on jump shot's will hit a FG of 36-44% (layups and dunks increasing the FG%, else it could be 33-35%).

What we saw was a walk up to the 3PT line pass the ball around the perimeter and shoot, with no movement, no drives, etc.

IF a player can hit 50%+ while playing no offense-whatsoever, specially on sim, I can say this title won't be any good. I don't care if they didn't contest every shot, a player was always close, and that's what happens in the nba most of the time. They only contest really hard when a guy is hot.

It's a rule, let them shoot jumpers, stop the drives.

I guess what I want to say is that without drives/inside out/screens/good ball movement we shouldn't be able to shoot much more that 30-35%.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Welp I thought I was more of a gameplay guy then a graphics guy but I couldnt even get through the entire video due to that horrible blue color they have for the Knicks jerseys, I hope and pray that next gen they get the colors right for jerseys great graphics with off colored jerseys wont cut it.
Is it me or does it seem like the colors for both teams seem off, like they are to bright and need to be darkened a little bit, watching that video was an eyesore to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm disappointed with the presentation as well but they did say this wasn't the final build of the game. Maybe they add all of that for the final build. That's my hope at the very least.

Gasol's pass to Nash at 3:27 in the 3rd quarter made me cringe. Passing might be too good this year (to the point where you don't turn it over), at least out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »