Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

i haven't finished watching but with about :35 left in the 1st quarter i didn't like how 3-4 lakers players started walking over and got all bunched up (stuck walking into each other).
Old 09-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Welp I thought I was more of a gameplay guy then a graphics guy but I couldnt even get through the entire video due to that horrible blue color they have for the Knicks jerseys, I hope and pray that next gen they get the colors right for jerseys great graphics with off colored jerseys wont cut it.
2k has always had solid gameplay, but one thing I can't say about them is that they pay good attention to cosmetic details. Having the wrong colors for the same jerseys for years and years is beyond ridiculous.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_superman
Is it me or does it seem like the colors for both teams seem off, like they are to bright and need to be darkened a little bit, watching that video was an eyesore to me.
Yea its def off but for 2k its been a problem for years when it comes to getting jersey colors right it use to be mostly blues and reds that were off though.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimamba
i was like ahhhh... specially when felton did that self alley oop... please remove it from the game if you really want to consider yourself SIM 2k...

i could just say "oh they were not playing d or blah blha" but nah i dont like it... in previous 2k you did not hit that many 3s when someone was close unless you had a good shooter... so Wesley Johnson and Farmar shooting 3s nah i aint buying it.

Will get it for PC cheaper and try to customize it... if is any good and i can actually play D or if a patch is dropped might get it for current gen or just wait for the next gen that will be around the corner
Farmer and Wes Johnson were either open and or the defenders gave them you much time to shoot . It happens in real life all the time , you think you closed in on a player he still makes it . And Farm was shooting 44% from the 3 point shooter in his last run in the NBA . Wes Johnson was a good shooter in College , NBA he was ok but he made his shot wide open .
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
MVP

OkayC's Arena

I wanna say this as well. It doesn't neccessarily pertain to this video but i gotta know how the cpu is gonna play. One main reason for me not pre ordering is because, I play against the cpu most of the time. Sometimes i get irritated because the cpu gets perks that i don't get as a player. For example, picking off passes the are being made behind them, coming way out of position to get an offensive rebound, making jumpshots with a hand in there face. Plus there are some games that its almost predetermined im going to lose. This happens alot on mycareer, but it happens in regular matches as well, just way less often. Things like my team won't cut, won't try to get open, won't try to get in position for rebounds, ect. And the cpu will drain contested shots, get putbacks even when waaaay out of position for it, or get steals that i would of had a foul called on me for. With the more fluid animations in this game, i can see less of that type of stuff happening, but its still a concern of mine till proven otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Shouldn't the foul at 5:19 be a shooting foul?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 15

If the gameplay is solid then all my hopes are there being a reditor for 2k14 so somebody can fix the jersey colors and I'm good to go . It's really not that big of deal with the amount of roster editors today . Only might bother you if you're online
Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Farmer and Wes Johnson were either open and or the defenders gave them you much time to shoot . It happens in real life all the time , you think you closed in on a player he still makes it . And Farm was shooting 44% from the 3 point shooter in his last run in the NBA . Wes Johnson was a good shooter in College , NBA he was ok but he made his shot wide open .
Not all those shots were wide open though. some were long 3's with a defender in front of them, and though the defender didn't contest they still shouldn't have drained them like that. Players in the nba don't shoot 3s like that with a defender standing right in front of them, contested or not. Thats my problem with those 3's. The other half of the 3's they took were fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »