Home

NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
Not all those shots were wide open though. some were long 3's with a defender in front of them, and though the defender didn't contest they still shouldn't have drained them like that. Players in the nba don't shoot 3s like that with a defender standing right in front of them, contested or not. Thats my problem with those 3's. The other half of the 3's they took were fine.
Players shoot like that all the time lol it's a mixture of luck and skill .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #26
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
Players shoot like that all the time lol it's a mixture of luck and skill .
Only guys like kobe lebron and melo rise up and shoot over players. wes johnson and raymond felton don't.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Watched two minutes and blah, too similar to last years, I'm good.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Good thing is, all these 3 point complaints are easily adjustable by sliders.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #29
Rookie

Deck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Good thing is, all these 3 point complaints are easily adjustable by sliders.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Good thing online,mycareer,myteam,teamup,crews have sliders OH WAIT THEY DON'T.

I can see this game being somewhat likable in ASSOCIATION.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #30
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I said it before, if EVERY contested jumper/layup/post move in REAL NBA basketball was a miss (as people apparently think it is), then teams would average 60/70 ppg.

Nate Robinson, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Nick Young, Kobe, Melo, Jason Terry...look at their shot selection and see how many contested jumpers they attempt and make.

And plus they were playing on 5 minute quarters, most of the time you're gonna see +50% shooting when playing on low minute quarters.

Just closing out on an NBA player isn't enough, that's why they play pro ball lol. You gotta have more than just a hand at their chest, it's gotta be up there at the release and even then players will still make shots.

As far as presentation/graphics goes: 2K13 was the last current gen only game, this game whether 2K admits it or not, is taking the backseat to next-gen. And it's not a secret, there really is only so much space they have to work with. They maxed out memory, they even said it. So do you want new presentation and better graphics on current gen, or better gameplay? Honestly you want gameplay, and that's what you're gonna get. Next-gen will have better gameplay, graphics, replays, menus, etc...that's the whole package.

Defense looks really good, neither user particularly played tough d though, and that's why players got open shots. So you can't complain about the game on that one. And the blocks looked good too, not just big men getting blocks, but also guards knocking away shots from behind or the side.

Offensively, it looks tougher to get into the paint...but to me it was less because of the d and more because of offensive spacing...but in a good way. In 2K13, it seemed like the spacing was so bad half the time it was just an iso, so if you got to the rim you were good. But now, your PF is at the top of the key and your C is down low with the wings up top, like it should be. So as a PG you look to get your team a better shot, not just iso to the rim.

Only thing I didn't like was Shumpert going for a windmill, it wasn't contested but I don't think players other than 02 Vince Carter windmilled in a half court setting lol. Not a big deal, especially since it was a kind of bad dunk and got blocked from behind.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
Only guys like kobe lebron and melo rise up and shoot over players. wes johnson and raymond felton don't.
Ok in Real Life if you have a nice range you have just as good of a chance as anybody else.

Wes Johnson

http://youtu.be/XRJwlx0OVbM

Felton

http://youtu.be/0EfRzbJt7mo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I said it before, if EVERY contested jumper/layup/post move in REAL NBA basketball was a miss (as people apparently think it is), then teams would average 60/70 ppg.

Nate Robinson, Lou Williams, JR Smith, Nick Young, Kobe, Melo, Jason Terry...look at their shot selection and see how many contested jumpers they attempt and make.
Lol half the guys on your list are known for being chuckers and have low fg%. I think guys who are able to make tough shots should make them. But i think the overall point is guys that aren't known for it still make them. If nate the great and jr can make tough shots, then great. But not all players can make those shots, yet in this game they do. Thats the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »