Home

NHL 14 Video - New Features in GM Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Video - New Features in GM Mode within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NHL 14: New Features in GM Mode: video

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
How many games - 82, 62, 41?
I haven't watched the video but I assume the adjustable length means the number of years for the GM mode rather than the number of games per season.

Last edited by mercalnd; 09-06-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I haven't watched the video but I assume the adjustable length means the number of years for the GM mode rather than the number of games per season.
yea...its still 82 games per season. CRAP!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
yea...its still 82 games per season. CRAP!
I knew you were going to misunderstand that...lol. (Seriously, before you responded, I seen it coming) What a conundrum. You don't wanna sim, yet you can't play 82 games. What a mess...

At some point your gonna need to make a compromise with yourself...either learn to sim or play every game. I never sim either, but have no problem playing every game and finishing my seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Finally some info about the only mode I care about!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I knew you were going to misunderstand that...lol. (Seriously, before you responded, I seen it coming) What a conundrum. You don't wanna sim, yet you can't play 82 games. What a mess...

At some point your gonna need to make a compromise with yourself...either learn to sim or play every game. I never sim either, but have no problem playing every game and finishing my seasons.
in nhl 13, i played a total of 3 full seasons (without a sim), like you im a die-hard hockey fan. But if I will play different teams with the SAME PLAYING STYLE..... it will be BORING. No variety of approach...no NZ defense ..etc.

So was hoping that at least I can have 42 games/season so I could really see how the game progress after 5 season. Probably EA will not allow us because they design this game to only last 2-3 seasons. Marketing reason and programming reason (almost all players will be ranked above 90s or rookies having an insane improvement after a year).

At this point, if AI will give you the same playing style with ALL NHL teams...I will just wait for the next gen.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Garism's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Gold
What Are you referring to with PS3 simulation?

Thanks for the great info!
Last year on the PS3, i would say about a week worth of simulation would take a good 5 minutes.

But thanks to fillydilly on the Q&A thread, seems like he got the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillydilly
I got hold of a PS3 owner with early access to NHL 14 and he reports that the simulation is LIGHTNING FAST. Great news!

Edit:

He says it takes 1-3 seconds for each day to pass.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #15
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
in nhl 13, i played a total of 3 full seasons (without a sim), like you im a die-hard hockey fan. But if I will play different teams with the SAME PLAYING STYLE..... it will be BORING. No variety of approach...no NZ defense ..etc.

So was hoping that at least I can have 42 games/season so I could really see how the game progress after 5 season. Probably EA will not allow us because they design this game to only last 2-3 seasons. Marketing reason and programming reason (almost all players will be ranked above 90s or rookies having an insane improvement after a year).

At this point, if AI will give you the same playing style with ALL NHL teams...I will just wait for the next gen.
I have an idea for you...of course you're gonna do what you want, like any of us...BUT...may I suggest playing the game on Season Mode. That way you can adjust the strategies of each team (line by line even) in the league and thus every game feels different. It really works. Screw Be-A-GM...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #16
Rookie

hollywood_cpm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I have an idea for you...of course you're gonna do what you want, like any of us...BUT...may I suggest playing the game on Season Mode. That way you can adjust the strategies of each team (line by line even) in the league and thus every game feels different. It really works. Screw Be-A-GM...lol.
So you can edit other teams strategies for sure in 14? It didn't work in 13 did it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »