Home

NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
Rookie

Bleak5170's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09
Black Friday sales(Day after Thanksgiving) NHL as well as many other games that come out around the same time sale for about 40 dollars at sotres like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and so on. As well even Gamestop does a buy 2 get 1 free on Black Friday and the next 2 days after.

Canada could be different as the game is so popular up there there is no reason to put it on sale. Here in the US the same might not be able to be said.
Yeah true. They know hockey-starved Canadians will buy the game no matter what. Heck it wasn't all that long ago that the NHL games were $69.99 up here.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3
Played the demo and honestly it felt as though they ripped out that skating tech from 13. I felt I had to Learn how to skate in last years game which was actually a good thing to me. Now while the Checkings been addressed, it feels as though its back to skating like before 13. Might just be my inexperience with the demo admittedly - Ive only played several games in it.
For me even given the fighting which is much much better than its ever been, Im skipping this until next gen.
Sucks because I thoroughly enjoyed the EASHL...Best online fun in a sports game Ive ever had.
But given the lame presentation and the rest of the poor lighting and completely lacking visuals for so long,
I wont give them my$
I think EA missed the boat in a HUGE way with this series.
When you consider the fan base thats much smaller than FIFA and Madden, and the many aspects of the NHL series that drastically need improvement, EA shouldve gone Next Gen ONLY and really wouldve WOW'd people.
I think when they do hit next gen next year for NHL 15 it will be the biggest leap for any of their sports games, and almost single handedly because of all of the presentation and visual upgrades that NHL hasnt given us in SEVERAL years of nhl games.
So, they could've made hockey fans out of people who probably wouldn't have even considered buying it if they had put the effort toward PS4/XBone this time around.
Oh well. Most probably wont agree with me but Ive been playing it since the Genesis days and I can just wait.
There are so many games that are going to be able to take attention away from this one that I won't even miss
it until we get into summer next year
Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 14 Review (360/PS3)

The only deal going on in America this week is at Toys R US.

They are giving away a $10 gift card if you purchase NHL 14 at full price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden is already 49.99 this week at target so it will be reduced soon enough.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I'll get It I am a hockey fan what else would I do hockey manager? I did like the write up especially about the presentation that's how many of us feel but we have been hearing next time for a few years now but I am sure next gen will have what I am looking for. It's only 365 days and the info will come out even sooner. I will pick it up tomorrow go RED WINGS.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0
I cant see much new in NHL 14 I cant do in NHL 13 with sliders. That said NHL 14 is a solid game (on hardcore settings), but I feel like I already paid for this game last year.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak5170
Where do you live? Here in Canada the NHL games don't go down in price until a couple of months before the next version comes out.
Kitchener Ontario. Most releases right now are seeing a drop with in 1 to 2 months for at least a short while. They get the rush of the games release and then when sales have slowed down they are doing a sale or price drop pretty quickly. Same as every other end of cycle.
Not saying it will be 100% chance for NHL, but it's very possible. And if you have GTA V to keep you busy for at least a month, why not wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I think I'll just continue along with NHL 13 until I see a significant price drop. Appreciate the review, Glenn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »