Home

FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Wow, I must say I never, ever expected this. Although the changes are on the subtle side, they completely change the way you must play the game, especially playing full manual/legendary with minor slider adjustments to tighten up the lines and modify the pace a tad.
It's nary impossible to dribble for any extended time, you're dispossessed quickly, just as you should be. The game has now become about passing, build up, and most importantly intelligent decision making. It's actually so much different I can see a certain segment becoming quite frustrated with the slower pace. And by slower pace I don't mean the speed of the players, I'm talking about the actual flow of the game, it's much much more deliberate. It's more about the one on one battles, it's no longer possible to just sprint dribble past defenders in good position. You actually have to stop, shield the ball, look for the pass, and most importantly exploit space.
At first the CPU was dominating me, 60-70% possession, as I've adjusted I've gotten a little better still however I lose the possession battle every match. Shots are nearly non-existent due to the shortness of the halves.
Here are some other random thoughts:

-The crab walk is GONE

-There's a distinct difference between players, much more so than in 13

-As far as movement goes there some new additions(I think) that will become necessary.
RT + RS is knock on
LB is stop and turn
RT(no direction) stops the ball
LT + RT faces up
LT + LS allows you to receive the ball and turn
RT is still sprint
skill moves are performed using the right stick only
holding LT with B is a flair shot
RB + X is a bouncing lob pass
LT is used to protect the ball

Some of these may not be new, but their definitely going to be used a lot more LOL.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Orion, if what you say is true then EA can just shut up and take my money.

Unfortunately I'm working tonight and will have to wait until tomorrow.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 09-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Wow, I must say I never, ever expected this. Although the changes are on the subtle side, they completely change the way you must play the game, especially playing full manual/legendary with minor slider adjustments to tighten up the lines and modify the pace a tad.
It's nary impossible to dribble for any extended time, you're dispossessed quickly, just as you should be. The game has now become about passing, build up, and most importantly intelligent decision making. It's actually so much different I can see a certain segment becoming quite frustrated with the slower pace. And by slower pace I don't mean the speed of the players, I'm talking about the actual flow of the game, it's much much more deliberate. It's more about the one on one battles, it's no longer possible to just sprint dribble past defenders in good position. You actually have to stop, shield the ball, look for the pass, and most importantly exploit space.
At first the CPU was dominating me, 60-70% possession, as I've adjusted I've gotten a little better still however I lose the possession battle every match. Shots are nearly non-existent due to the shortness of the halves.
Here are some other random thoughts:

-The crab walk is GONE

-There's a distinct difference between players, much more so than in 13

-As far as movement goes there some new additions(I think) that will become necessary.
RT + RS is knock on
LB is stop and turn
RT(no direction) stops the ball
LT + RT faces up
LT + LS allows you to receive the ball and turn
RT is still sprint
skill moves are performed using the right stick only
holding LT with B is a flair shot
RB + X is a bouncing lob pass
LT is used to protect the ball

Some of these may not be new, but their definitely going to be used a lot more LOL.
I am very pleasantly surprised as well, I have only played one game. I'll wait until PES demo is out so I can compare both after just one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Ditto, i take Orion's word, good enough for me, and cannot wait till this years sliders!! Are you jumping to next gen Orion?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Wondering how the final game will play and do teams change tactics well in this game, that has always been an issue for me in FIFA for years.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Wondering how the final game will play and do teams change tactics well in this game, that has always been an issue for me in FIFA for years.
It's tough to tell in such a short amount of time, the games are so intense they just sort of fly by. One thing I can tell you is this: Playing against Barcelona was NOT I repeat NOT like playing against NY Red Bulls LOL. They held the ball nearly the entire half, just slinging it around the box as they looked to carve me up(3 goals first half), I felt helpless trying to stop them. In the second half I had to pack the box just to not get raped, I felt a sense of accomplishment not conceding in the 2nd 45.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 20

Agree with many here: The CPU defense is tighter and anticipates human players' options far better than in FIFA 13.

Plus the game speed seems to be optimized toward Normal this year. You don't automatically need to switch the speed to Slow to get a realistic match, although Slow probably is still a shade more realistc. But not the chasm of last year.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed. EA promised an improved shooting mechanic during all of its pre-release PR this summer, and I felt or saw nothing different in shooting -- both in games and in drills -- that felt any different than FIFA 13.

Like most EA releases this late summer for the 360, this feels like a 13.5 version, not a new game. EA has sanded off the rough edges from NHL, FIFA and Madden but offered very little revolution -- just minor evolution.

It feels like EA has mailed it in somewhat on development of 360 games for the 2014 cycle, instead probably focusing on the PS4 and One.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Rookie

4EverBlowingBubbles's Arena

OVR: 2

Damn! It's a GOLD EXCLUSIVE download at the moment. Does anyone have any idea when will non-subscribers get to play the demo?

..::: I'm West Ham Till I Die :::..

MIGHTY HAMMERS 3 - 0 SPURS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »