Home

New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter

This is a discussion on New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New Mutant Football League Game Launches Kickstarter

Some interesting stuff, waiting to see what more they reveal over the life of the Kickstarter though before backing. Otherwise interested in what makes it into a release.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I was onboard until I saw their ridiculous amount they are asking for.
Video games are expensive to make. $750K is actually a pretty modest amount for a brand new game on a modern system.

For comparison, Mighty No. 9, a new 2D sidescroller for the PC, needed $900K to become a reality.

Adding just one new character to the existing fighting game Skullgirls cost $150,000.

Mutant Football League is pretty modest in its financial goals for what the game is promising.

Quote:
Still ridiculous that they want extra money to cone out on PC/consoles.
The Xbox 360 has completely different architecture than a PC. Porting any game from a modern console to a modern PC takes a ton of extra time and work.

Again referencing Mighty No. 9, the original goal was PC only, with stretch goals of $1.35 million for Mac/Linux versions and $2.2 million for 360/PS3/Wii U versions.

This is all common practice in the video game industry. You can't just magically put a game's code through a filter and have it work instantly on multiple platforms. It takes loads of additional work.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-16-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
Oh man! Do want!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
OHIO ST8

jhogan3132's Arena

OVR: 25
I would play this game for sure. It would be nice to show my boys this game too as I think they would get a kick out of it.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3

I can only imagine how much more awesome this game will be now that I am old enough to drink while playing it. Will definitely donate when I get a chance.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #14

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Video games are expensive to make. $750K is actually a pretty modest amount for a brand new game on a modern system.

For comparison, Mighty No. 9, a new 2D sidescroller for the PC, needed $900K to become a reality.

Adding just one new character to the existing fighting game Skullgirls cost $150,000.

Mutant Football League is pretty modest in its financial goals for what the game is promising.

The Xbox 360 has completely different architecture than a PC. Porting any game from a modern console to a modern PC takes a ton of extra time and work.

Again referencing Mighty No. 9, the original goal was PC only, with stretch goals of $1.35 million for Mac/Linux versions and $2.2 million for 360/PS3/Wii U versions.

This is all common practice in the video game industry. You can't just magically put a game's code through a filter and have it work instantly on multiple platforms. It takes loads of additional work.
I know how the process and costs involved, but they don't need to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

They're making this game for mobile. A mobile game doesn't take 750k to make. That's asinine.

Look at the other games on kick starter. Heck, General Chaos 2 has a goal of 150k or so. If they aren't planning on PS3 and just planning on next-gen, the architecture point you raised is moot. Most kick starter games are under 250k. MLF doesn't need 750 to be made.

Anyways, this won't hit its goal. Sadly, because I love the series.

Last edited by ubernoob; 09-16-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
They're making this game for mobile. A mobile game doesn't take 750k to make. That's asinine.
The $750K covers both the iOS/Android version and the Xbox 360 digital version.

They are two separate games, as the mobile version will include less content than the console version, per the kickstarter page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
I'd love to see this get made for the PC.

PC > All

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »