Home

NBA 2K14 Video - LeBron James Back with the Cavs in Path to Greatness Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - LeBron James Back with the Cavs in Path to Greatness Mode within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - LeBron James Back with the Cavs in Path to Greatness Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
oh no ! not many dunks in traffic and isoball is only resulting in contested jumpers! what are casuals to do now??? How will they score and at what time can we expect them to overrun twitter and facebook complaining about how scoring his hard
You have no idea how much I'm salivating as I'm seeing this fact. As a guy who tries to play man-to-man defense as hard as I can(And I get a lot of practice since I mostly play black top), seeing all these forced jumpers on guys trying to turbo through defense is like seeing a giant side of ribs dripping with barbecue sauce. I absolutely cannot wait to start sending the ball into the 14th row because people only know how to turbo dribble, and have no concept of anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Iso and pick and roll is what they will use. I think eventually they will learn to use the smart play option. I actually think 2K should recommend users to use the smart play option I am sure it will call for a quick post/iso or pick and roll if the clock is winding down. That was the purpose they put it in to help out the people that don't use them. There have been zero dunks in the PTG mode videos given out and I like it. Dunks are probably going to come via turnovers/oops or blown assignments
If you watch the Ronnie2k video again, Iman Shumpert blew straight to the rack off slightly lazy defense...but he got swatted going for a stupid windmill instead of a straight forward dunk. I believe on defensive mismatches you'll still be able to do work, and as a Power Forward, I honestly believe there will be instances where I'll be able to iso, beat my defender and throw it down over someone. It'll be more satisfying when it does happen simply because I know that there's a strong chance of me getting swatted now. Good defense will make a lot of stuff on offense waaaaaay more satisfying if you can pull it off, if only because they actually have a means to stop you now. That makes the game rewarding on both ends of the floor, and I like that fact.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 09-17-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #18
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

One thing I've yet to see anyone mention.

The crowd all wearing the same color for the playoffs!

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 09-17-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #19
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
One thing I've yet to see anyone mention.

The crowd all wearing the same color for the playoffs!
CELLLLLLLL-A-BRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Also look at the different crowd 'reactions', in the opening clip the Celtics fans are standing and waving arms, but if you go to 2:22 in MIA the fans are all sitting. Was this type of crowd behavior in 13?

I expect NG14 crowds to be much better than CG ones.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Run & gun gameplay is fine with me...I know IM going to play the right way...lets see how effectively I can defend someone who doesn't...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 21

Nice find OP. Hard to believe the game releases in only a couple weeks given the lack of marketing; won't need much else between this and GTA V for a while. Seems like the ball and rim sounds are much more pronounced; guys sound like they're really palming/snatching rebounds aggressively. Contact looks much improved, really like the animation variation. I miss the more distinct signature movement of the past but people clamored for more control so has to be some tradeoff. Two week countdown begins

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #23
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight

If you watch the Ronnie2k video again, Iman Shumpert blew straight to the rack off slightly lazy defense...but he got swatted going for a stupid windmill instead of a straight forward dunk. I believe on defensive mismatches you'll still be able to do work, and as a Power Forward, I honestly believe there will be instances where I'll be able to iso, beat my defender and throw it down over someone. It'll be more satisfying when it does happen simply because I know that there's a strong chance of me getting swatted now. Good defense will make a lot of stuff on offense waaaaaay more satisfying if you can pull it off, if only because they actually have a means to stop you now. That makes the game rewarding on both ends of the floor, and I like that fact.
Yeah I remember that dunk. I guess what I am implying is we will definitely see a decrease in dunks. Good on ball defense means more this year. I think the elite dunkers will get their's in traffic
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah I remember that dunk. I guess what I am implying is we will definitely see a decrease in dunks. Good on ball defense means more this year. I think the elite dunkers will get their's in traffic
Makes me wish I could use my beloved early 90's Seattle Supersonics online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »