Home

NBA 2K14 Shoes Revealed - Added Brands Include Peak, Anta & Li-Ning

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Shoes Revealed - Added Brands Include Peak, Anta & Li-Ning within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14 Shoes

Hoping this doesn't mean that Reebok has been lost as a licensing partner. They just need to make sure that all shoes are high res or good quality with accurate color blocking. Can't wait to see how this will look on next-gen.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Pro

d23x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Shoes Revealed - Added Brands Include Peak, Anta & Li-Ning

Can't wait to see the detail of the shoes in next gen. Not expecting much from the current gen as it pertains to shoes. Glad to see they got Li Ning in there!

Last edited by d23x; 09-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This is interesting to me. Considering they never give you the option to edit other players in modes like MyCareer, I hope this means that the colorways will change on their own to reflect things like that in game. For example if I'm playing MyCareer or even Association. During the season LeBron is wearing his home and away colorways of his shoes. When Christmas rolls around, hopefully the shoe's Christmas colorway is what he's wearing automatically as opposed to just the regular home/away color in MyCareer or me having to manually change it in Association.
Hoping we get Home & Away equipment this year or at least on next gen!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
but how will they actually look in game... 2k's shoes have always looked like blobs of color
Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
but how will they actually look in game... 2k's shoes have always looked like blobs of color
Not true. Last year's shoe game was fine, visually.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Looks good. Love the new brand additions. Should add even more authenticity to the game. Although it's a huge ? on whether or not they'll look good in-game. 2K has never been too gifted in that aspect, not since 2k7-2k8 atleast. Go back and play those games and you'll be surprised how high-res the shoes look.
I agree with you on the low resolution shoes...I wonder if they had to lower the RES do to memory capacity.
because they have added a ton as they released new iterations of the game.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
This is interesting to me. Considering they never give you the option to edit other players in modes like MyCareer, I hope this means that the colorways will change on their own to reflect things like that in game. For example if I'm playing MyCareer or even Association. During the season LeBron is wearing his home and away colorways of his shoes. When Christmas rolls around, hopefully the shoe's Christmas colorway is what he's wearing automatically as opposed to just the regular home/away color in MyCareer or me having to manually change it in Association.
I don't have my hopes up for this year in that regard but at some point, I feel like that has to be inevitable. And when that happens, it'll be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hoping we get Home & Away equipment this year or at least on next gen!
I understand there may have been technical complications in making this a reality in recent years. But still, if someone were to tell me back in 2006 that we'd go the entire length of a generation's worth of consoles and 2K still wouldn't be able to figure out how to add authentic and accurate colorways that automatically correspond to each team's home and away games, I'd have immediately balked at your assertion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Now there is absolutely no excuse for ANY NBA player in the game to have generic shoes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »