Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 43

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 43 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 43

We’ve got a special guest to join the almost-full crew this week, as friend of the show Kat Bailey makes her first appearance on the panel. We talk all about the looming FIFA-PES battle, the current-gen/next-gen trials and tribulations facing sports games this fall, and get into what we love and hate about NHL 14 – plus a lot of listener questions too!

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Lastly, be sure to check out our friends at Weekend Confirmed right here: http://www.shacknews.com/tag/weekend-confirmed. If you’re not already a listener, give it a shot. We’re all big fans!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 37 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / Sports / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Great show, a little winded on the soccer talk but good information. I don't remember which guy said it but when talking about the NFL/EA exclusiveness how does he know no other company is ready to make an NFL game? Their could be a company out their that has been working/preparing for a few years on an football engine waiting for a chance to make an NFL or college game.
Though he is probably accurate, it's not a guarantee another company isn't inquiring about the NFL license, cause every gaming company knows the NFL will sell.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I found it interesting that at no point in the podcast did anyone make mention that Kat Bailey was just recently employed by EA. I found it hard to take what she said (positive or negative) about an EA Sports game without that lingering in my head.

As for the exclusives, I don't believe what Konami is saying is true. So far, all rumors about stadium exclusives in Spain don't hold up since the rumored list of EA stadiums is also not that large (also containing a crap ton of fake stadiums). Don't forget, they couldn't even include rain in this year's game because they were using a new engine.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Also, I'll never be a Samit supporter, but I found it funny how he essentially went dead during the Podcast. I really don't see what he adds to the Podcast. Wish you guys just reduced the line-up to 3-4 people rather than trying to fit in so many voices.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
It is so funny to read "believeinnow" comments about Kat Bailey, bacause I fond some of her statements a little byas and not completely accurate. I am from Spain, and I have quite a few friends in Europe. Here, PES sells very well. In terms of gameplay it is not considered a hard game, like Kat implied. If you are used to the controls it is just fine. It is true that the during this generation PES has lost a lot of fans. They didn't do a very good transition, and the fact that they are losing more licenses every year is hurting them a lot. In Spain is going to be rough, because the just lost the license for the Spanish stadiums.
I bought FIFA for the last three years because I tought it was a better football game, but this year could be different. The PES demo was very impresive in terms of graphics and how smooth was the gameplay.
Oh! and speaking of graphics, please check the bodies and faces of PES, and tell me if those are not way better than the FIFA ones. I would love for OperationSports to do one of thoses comparisons, like they use to do in the "old" times.
Sorry, for my English. I hope everybody was able to understand my points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Just started!

Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 43

What is the role of Operations Management in a startup company? Operations is that part of the business that is directly responsible for the production or processing of your product or service and delivering it to your customers. A Business Plan typically addresses the features of your product or service, the marketing plan, the management team, and how the business will be funded. If Operations is mentioned at all, it's usually in vague generalities. For greater odds of success, develop an Operations Plan as part of your business plan.

whiplash claims
whiplash symptoms

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »