Home

FIFA 14 - Changes to Pro Clubs

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 - Changes to Pro Clubs within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 14 - Changes to Pro Clubs

There are quite a few changes to Pro Clubs in FIFA 14. Check out the latest blog, where the team discusses accomplishments, attributes, user interface, drop-in matches, organizing games, leader boards and more.

Quote:
A revamped Club invite system removes the old hidden system, and now features a transfer screen built into the mode, including showing all your requests as a player and manager. Invites also appear in your EA SPORTS™ Football Club (EASFC) hub as Alerts. Additionally, there is also the option of recommending your club to other friends if you aren’t a Manager.

There is also now the option of creating/editing/searching clubs based on ‘Positions. This allows for players to search or attract players based on the position they play. Additionally, the “Search Clubs” screen displays recommended clubs based on skill, language, Pro position, etc. Meanwhile, friend’s clubs are located on a secondary tab for easy access.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: FIFA 14 - Changes to Pro Clubs

Quote:
In a similar vein, the number of users possible is reduced to 5v5 matches to allow for more touches on the ball and to get help ensure your preferred position is played. 11v11 matches with random people can be chaotic without proper teamwork and knowledge of your teammates, while 5v5 is a more controlled and enjoyable experience.
BOOOOOO this decision!

11 vs. 11 was the best mode in FIFA, and now the only way to experience it is to have 11 FIFA-owning friends all online at the same time? Good luck with that.

I guess PES picked a good year to finally put 11 vs. 11 online team play in their game.

I will gladly take the "chaos" of PES 2014 having all humans on the field over FIFA 14's version where 5 humans are all spamming the call for pass button the instant a computer player touches the ball.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-21-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, the 5vs5 really sucks. So far it is like playing on PC where you can only get 2vs2 or 3vs3 matches at best. And of course everyone calls for the ball from the cpu. Horrible change to the game.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Another lame change to drop in matches is that you no longer choose which team/kits you are. Now both teams are generic and the greatest part is that both teams are named Drop-In. So anytime they show the score it is like DRP 2 - DRP 0. And same for statistics Possesion DRP 60%, DRP 40%. Brilliant.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Another lame change to drop in matches is that you no longer choose which team/kits you are. Now both teams are generic and the greatest part is that both teams are named Drop-In. So anytime they show the score it is like DRP 2 - DRP 0. And same for statistics Possesion DRP 60%, DRP 40%. Brilliant.
Another dumbfounding change.

I just can't believe these drop-in changes got approved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

No, no, no EA. You got this wrong. This was the selling point to FIFA 11. Now it's removed? Look I'm an adult and I like playing 11v11. I don't have the time to find a network of friends that can be on to the same time and compete in pro clubs. The only way I can do this is in drop in games. I really hope this gets implemented in a patch or it's going to be a long year.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Also, I hope the reviewers of the game notice this and give the decision negative points so that the developers see it was a bad idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »