Home

NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results

I saw a few positives as well as a lot of similarities to 2K13. The jumpshots seem to have regressed as in they look a little worse. I remember when 2K7 released for the then relatively new 360. I was blown away by the animations, the new signature styles, signature jumpers. For the first time it felt different when you were controlling LeBron James than when you were controlling Allen Iverson or Shaquile O'Neal. It seems to me that those great differentiating styles and animations are becoming fewer and far between as well as becoming more uniform as in everyone dribbles very similar. I became a fan of the 2k series because of realism in the game as well greatly appreciating where the series was going in terms of signature animations as Basketball is arguably the most uniquely individual sport. Also the animations themselves seemed to give players a tangible weight to them that was absent in the NBA Live games (the "skating") However recently the 2K games have started to display a similar weightlessness that in my opinion takes away from the goal of mimicing the actual sport as well as the look of a tv broadcast. In these recent videos I see negatives that actually remind me of mistakes Live made in the past, and I am a little concerned in where this is going. My saving grace is hopefuly the next gen 2K14 as the reveal trailer looked spectacular and I am hopeful that it will have more to offer me as a consumer as well as bringing back that excitement and wow factor I'm currently missing in regards to 2K14.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #18
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K14 Videos - Gameplay Videos, Editing MyPlayer, Season Simulation Results

Welp. I just can't watch people who don't play with the players like they do in real life.

Watching that Nets highlights video of that guy using Garnett literally put a frown on my face. I can't remember the last time Garnett faded away to his right. He always fades to his left.

Not once did I see the guy go into the post with D-wade and shoot a hook over the defender.

Likewise I didn't see it with Lebron either.

In the Clippers video I didn't see a single faceup jumpshot with Blake. Nevermind the bank shot fading away to the left he likes to pull out every now and then.

Whatever. At least the big men look to be fun to play through again with the increased contact in the paint. Bruisers like Demarcus and Zach Randolph should be fun to play.

Watched the Houston highlight video. Didn't see a single Harden eurostep. Yep, I'm done. I'm not going to be watching anymore videos of people playing single player unless it's a Myplayer video or something.

Last edited by DukeC; 09-24-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #19
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

During the Celtics/76er's game at the 4:47 mark rondo make a fake that the crowd "ohhh's" at that was a real nice touch.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

1.12: Theses kind of flashy passes are gonna get old really quick.

I've seen some pretty cool stuff in theses team's highlights and simulation's videos though.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Re: NBA 2k14 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Of course it looks the same, they've reached their limits on what they can do with the current gen systems.
Are you saying that Parsons need next gen hardware to get a face that at least ressembles his real life counterpart?

A new scoreboard?

Improved colours?

Stuff like that makes the game feel fresh every years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #22
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Yep, looks like the passing didn't get touched (in terms of accuracy from Vegas when I brought it up), I noticed then it was far too accurate all around the court, but was assured that it was build and that it was corrected... sheeeeeeettttttt... from these videos just about every no-look thru traffic pass somehow magically makes the intended target .

Very disappointed in that.

Something that still no one has mentioned (I did in the MyTeam DEV thread) is that shoes, no one has generics on. This is a good step for 2K in terms of authenticity, maybe NiceKicks has something to do with it, I dunno, 2K comes out saying they are doing something w/ them but never says what it is, unless they holding back for NG.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Yep, looks like the passing didn't get touched (in terms of accuracy from Vegas when I brought it up), I noticed then it was far too accurate all around the court, but was assured that it was build and that it was corrected... sheeeeeeettttttt... from these videos just about every no-look thru traffic pass somehow magically makes the intended target .

Yeah same old It's an old build speech. Some of theses passes are ridiculous.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

OVR: 4

I gotta be honest, I just don't feel very impressed with the current gen version of 2k this year. Everything we've seen and heard is leading me to just wait until next gen drops in November.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Last edited by bottledwaterfan25; 09-24-2013 at 03:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »