Home

NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings: Classic Teams and Euroleague

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings: Classic Teams and Euroleague within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - Player Ratings: Classic Teams and Euroleague

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm in the same exact boat, right on down to 2K being a launch day purchase since 2K3. Crazy. I don't think it's just us though. The feeling has permeated throughout the forum. Even the jersey number countdown thread has been kind of pathetic in comparison to years past.
I noticed that people on here (well we're all on a gaming/basketball related forum) are easily hyped which 2K is "good" at doing. They didn't do that this year.

I also got the feeling that people finally realized that 2K13 wasn't that good of a game and also realized how 2K was doing business. People were raving about 2K13 when it was first released, while the cracks were already visible if you weren't wearing rose coloured glasses.

Then you got the new console coming up soon, GTA 5 is out there, people don't want to spend their money on a game with no demo out, people rather save up for the next gen than getting it for the current gen etc.

Last edited by JasonMartin; 09-24-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Bogdanovic is only 72? They need to watch Eurobasket again.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
Banned

I understand the kings being taken out because let's be real here without webber the kings not the same. But taken out the dream team etc is stupid and not adding Classic teams is even worst, have they forgot those good sales they got on 2k11?, guess what that was because classic teams. Not only not adding classic teams suck, because that make "My team mode" which I play 85% of the time basically the same damn thing from last year. It's like in 2k6 before I gotten the Xbox 360 and was stuck with a crap version of 2k6 on the ps2.

No damn way should this game be $60

Last edited by NickYoungGoat; 09-24-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
Rookie

2k9 had the redeem team
, then in 2k10 they took it out. im not surprised @ them taking it out this yr. but this is gonna be another yr where the role players for the classic team are gonna get replaced by generic smfh. No Kareem, C-Webb, Dr.J. still, no Nick van exel on lakers..woolridge on 85 bulls
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 21

I'll take the contrarian view just for argument's sake. Let's see... when 2K blew out Legend rosters in 2K12, the general consensus by those vocal on the boards was that the game sucked. And the efforted era-specific presentation applied to the game didn't mean much in most people's eyes. The hardcore chastised them because they wanted more, the younger/more casual gamers could care less about the Legends (even more modern legends like Jordan). 2K adds the Dream Team for 2K13 and again is chastised more for what they didn't do versus what they did do.

Now everyone wants competition. Yet no one places these same expectations on the competition. Just the presence of additional competition is going to mean lower revenues for the 2K brand, so why continue putting in a lot of effort/money on something so few seem to appreciate? Or perhaps take for granted? Considering it's not expected of other sports developers (granted it's probably easier to do in team sports with smaller rosters). I suspect if 2K went to a DLC model people would flip out because "they used to get it for free". Given those factors one has to wonder if the juice is worth the squeezing. I'd say it is, but the general vocal consensus is it isn't.

That said, I'd love to see more content/attention given to the Legend content. But I understand why more effort wouldn't be placed into expanding the feature. I'm surprised they lasted beyond 3yrs myself.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #22
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
I noticed that people on here (well we're all on a gaming/basketball related forum) are easily hyped which 2K is "good" at doing. They didn't do that this year.

I also got the feeling that people finally realized that 2K13 wasn't that good of a game and also realized how 2K was doing business. People were raving about 2K13 when it was first released, while the cracks were already visible if you weren't wearing rose coloured glasses.

Then you got the new console coming up soon, GTA 5 is out there, people don't want to spend their money on a game with no demo out, people rather save up for the next gen than getting it for the current gen etc.
The absence of a demo has really diminished the interest I stilled had for this game. I was planning on waiting for nextgen regardless but I atleast wanted to give the demo a try to see how the game improved and if it would be worth a purchase but its typically a bad sign when the demo does not release before the game. There also seemed to be a lack of hype out of 2k for this game aswell. Usually we get some developer videos and a couple of "sizzle" trailers but there wasnt much n this department this year.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

2k doesnt even care at this point....

I mean whats the point of even putting that game out? no improvements besides a few gameplay tweaks

i know the stanleys gonna come in here

but oh well....

Last edited by nddot; 09-24-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
MVP

The mode that makes the most money for them is MyTeam because people buy VC to buy booster packs. What do they want most from those packs? Legends. A lot of us spent last year chasing all these legends and now we're supposed to do the exact same thing, with no new players available? Come on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »