Home

WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #17
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
A lot of changes I like particularly the rivalry manager, I"m glad it can set up rivalries by itself though. I'm not very creative but it's nice you have the option to go in and set up the rivalries that you want. I also like the new random attire feature. For people talking about A.I I have talked to one of the playtesters on the 2k Sports forums and he says it is better this year. I'm not really sure how much better but he said that it is no longer going after constant OMG moments. I really hope the AI has improved well. AI makes or breaks these games a lot of times.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #18
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
i may have to actually purchase this game, i havent played a Wrestling game since Nintendo 64 but this one looks very promising.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i may have to actually purchase this game, i havent played a Wrestling game since Nintendo 64 but this one looks very promising.
You'll be in for a shock as to how bad these games are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93

Negative nancy over here
Old 10-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93

Disagree. Won't blow anyone away, but not a terrible game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
So the idea that if there is a rivalry, those two wrestlers still wrestle every week in tables and casket matches is still there? Me no like...
Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #23
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope it's not like that I doubt it because he play the first then simmed to the PPV

I'm sure more videos will be shone about Universe Mode

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 10-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #24
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Hey guys,
So, since yesterday I've been seeing some confusion about how the rivalry manager works. Some folks have assumed that setting a rivalry between two Superstars will cause them to have a match every single week on their respective show. That is absolutely not the case, and I'm not even sure where that rumor came from.

Now, it is possible - especially with a shortened rivalry - that two Superstars might have a match every week of the rivalry. But that's something that happens on WWE television as well sometimes with shorter rivalries.

In most cases, when storylines are allowed to play out, you'll see...other stuff happen in addition to just regular matches: Cutscenes, matches with other opponents, etc.

Getting ahead of some of the "But-but-buts!" I've seen some places...In the livestream, we simulated a full month to get ahead to a pay-per-view, so you don't actually get to see what happened during that entire month. Apparently some confusion arises from the fact that when we looked at the rivalry history, it showed a bunch of matches and outcomes. But, if you look again, you'll see that not all of those matches are tagged as involving BOTH Bryan and Orton.

I hope this clears things up for folks, as I was a little concerned when I saw people taking potshots at Rivalry Manager. Frankly, it's the biggest step forward Universe Mode has ever made, and if you want to get involved with it, will completely change the way your Universe operate, for the better.

If you don't believe me, ask some of the folks who were at our playtests, forum regulars like RAWFShowtime, Miketheratguy and CyberOcelot.

Got a lot going on right now (as you can probably imagine), so I won't be commenting in this thread too much, but just wanted to get some clarification out there for you guys.
- Aubrey Sitterson

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »