Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Review (PS3/360) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
how is the player switching (demo seems to be a bit off or do odd things on turnovers/loose balls.
Yea, player switching was def delayed in the demo. I thought the controls felt unresponsive in general & controlling the players felt sluggish and a bit clunky.

The demo didn't have a game speed option this year either. Does the full game ? Felt like it needed to be turned up in the demo. Maybe that would of helped a bit with the feeling of sluggishness. But the player switching def had some input delay goin on, and that can ruin a game on it's own.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Hey I'm new to the series (xbox360) and I really bought this as a way to show support to non EA products after enjoying the demo gameplay. My question and I've looked around, is there a list to the generic teams or saves that can help get all the teams that are generic?

I also do to know too much about soccer so generic rosters are not an issue, I just know names
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
I am buying one or the other tonight/tomorrow. I've been playing the demos and am so on the fence. Roolz had me in the PES camp after his rant but LingeringRegime pulled me back again.

how is the frame rate?
how is the online play - lag/griefers?
how is the player switching (demo seems to be a bit off or do odd things on turnovers/loose balls. I use setting just below full manual switching)?
can you switch camera angles online?
Frame rate is a little choppy in some cut scenes. Gameplay is smooth.
Haven't played much online.
Player switching is fine for me with semi-assisted.
Not sure about online camera angles.

If you plan on playing a lot of online go with FIFA. Problem is I have had trouble finding someone to play against, because I use full manual settings.

If not go with PES.

If I had to choose one it would be PES, as others have said it is more organic. Feels more alive to me. Gameplay is amazing.

I want to abandon PES, but I just can't. It has more soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Hey I'm new to the series (xbox360) and I really bought this as a way to show support to non EA products after enjoying the demo gameplay. My question and I've looked around, is there a list to the generic teams or saves that can help get all the teams that are generic?

I also do to know too much about soccer so generic rosters are not an issue, I just know names
Check the Option File thread. The instructions of how to use them are on the first post. You must use a BLUS option file, it is for the USA.

I think there are a few for the 360 available.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 10-05-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
It is unbelievable to me that this game gets all this praise when headers are flat out broken, and volleys and controlled shots are pretty much extinct as well. Variety used to be what made this series great. You would see awesome passing that lead to all kinds of different scoring, not any more. Now it's post up your man spin and fire. This game has gotten too mechanical making it very bland. And I repeat HEADERS, CONTROLLED SHOTS, AND VOLLEYS ARE BROKEN.......No soccer game should be praised having these glaring fundamental issues. Extremely unacceptable!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
The core is great but so many stupid elements that break the game. The 360 debacle has essentially murdered online play and I doubt people will ever come back. The lack of pace differential is really jarring as well. Cristiano Ronaldo and Rio Ferdinand in a foot race is dead even. Absurd and just a cheap well of eliminating the pace element of football games. The presentation is disastrously bad and no transfer updates whilst we head into October is just ridiculous.

Konami seemingly relies on Option Files/Mod creators to save them from having to bother with the secondary features. But when you have set your online mode on fire and unable to fix it till seemingly November, you deserve to have your game miserably fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
Rookie

Mikeatris's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I am buying one or the other tonight/tomorrow. I've been playing the demos and am so on the fence. Roolz had me in the PES camp after his rant but LingeringRegime pulled me back again.

how is the frame rate?
how is the online play - lag/griefers?
how is the player switching (demo seems to be a bit off or do odd things on turnovers/loose balls. I use setting just below full manual switching)?
can you switch camera angles online?
I feel ya. I usually buy PES on release date by not being able to get online is a HUGE drawback to me. I'm on my 360 on MP 99.9% of the time. I only buy MP games and rent the SP games from Gamefly. That being said I am just gonna get Fifa today since TRU got 40 bucks off if u get Fifa and NHL plus I got a 15.00 gift card. I am gonna Gamefly PES this yr and just play 2013 for my online experience. If it gets fleshed out down the road I will get 2014 but there's absolutely no way I can get it and it has no online on it as of right now.

XB1:Mathematik
PS4:Monochromatik

"WE ALL SHOULD JUST GET ALONG"
Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

My only gripe is the lack of weather effects such as rain/snow :-( .....other than that I love PES 2014 :-)
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #24
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

if it wasn't for the horrible menu's and bad roster/ratings, this game is golden when edited...

there really are 2 games on this disc, and konami should have put in a roster exchange option, like madden got recently.

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »