Home

Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #25
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
only thing i can spot is an extra $60 in my pocket at this point. i mean why are we still scouring for tiny nuggets of gameplay a month away from launch? something doesnt seem right when we havent seen anything substantial from this gm yet. i cant say theyre the only gm with little info...but they are the only one with this bad of a track record when it comes to quality gms. dont matter tho...at this point my stance is true next gen football or gtfo!!
We haven't seen anything substantial because it's essentially the same game. XD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Why would I care about this? Can I not call plays? Or would I rather see some actual footage of the game? This looks eerily similar to Madden 25 on PS3.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #27
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too!

WOW there are blades of grass!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
Rookie

So just my 2 cents. Who wants to sit down and play madden with a tablet or laptop on their lap? That guy looks so uncomfortable trying to play, plus the play started while he was trying to pick something on the screen and he had to hurry up and try and play defense. Also what happens when your fullback misses a block on the linebacker when you call an iso and you jump up mad at the missed block? Goodbye tablet.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

The online/dline changes shown in the video are not minor changes. I can't believe that I am actually on the Madden defense side given how critical I have been, but the blocking shown on that small snippet of video has the potential to create a completely different game. Madden 25 on current gen for me was unplayable mostly because the oline had been beefed up and the dline would just get mauled on every play and you could gain 4-5 yards per run unless you imbalanced the sliders so much that the CPU had insta penetration. Watching the interaction of oline/dline and TE/FB with linebackers looked realistic and certainly opens the door for ratings to matter on the line.

The dline was getting variable pressure on the run play - that didn't happen on current gen

The oline turned defenders away from the play - that didn't happen on current gen

the FB hit the hole and got an imperfect chip on the linebacker not a full blown pancake or pattycake that knocked the LB off balance but not out of the play - that didnt happen on current gen

Defenders worked to turn olinemen to get to the ball carrier - that didn't happen on current gen

Oline and dline were shown actually handfighting not playing pattycake - that didn't happen on current gen

dlinemen extended his arm to actually break the block rather than just disengaging - that didn't happen on current gen

Just making those changes to a core component of the game (oline/dline) would require massive work balancing the game and could have a huge impact to gameplay.

You want to be critical about the graphics not looking anything like what they said they were going to deliver at E3 then so be it that's more than fair. It does look like a bait and switch from a marketing perspective as this looks nothing like those detailed shots of RG3. But even just based on that short video to say its just a direct port means you are missing out on what looks like a key improvement over current gen.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 10-08-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
Rookie

cavs25's Arena

OVR: 1
Blades of grass everywhere:OMG I AM SO GOING TO BUY THIS GAME NOW THAT IT HAS BLADES OF GRASS
AND FULLY RENDERED IN 3D!!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@Dogslax41, I don't doubt that online/dline interaction is better/improved in those clips or next gen M25 but the overall approach towards the game still seems the same. Meaning piecemealing in football representation, like OL/DL interaction, while focusing resources on gimmicks, like CoachGlass. This is the same thing we have seen time and time again, the priorities for this NFL simulation game are NOT on representing NFL football.

I don't doubt for M15 they will work on something like WR/DB interaction and some kind of enhanced modifier for all defensive positions. However they will leave a host of other issues untouched, while focusing resources and improved console power on fluff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #32
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

Game looks exactly the same. Players still run like hunchbacks. Same crappy camera angles between plays. Same predictable LOS animations. Glad I'm not going to waste money on this crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »