Home

FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Available Now for 360, Later Today PS3

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Available Now for 360, Later Today PS3 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA Title Update #2 Available Now for 360, Later Today PS3

yeah the ball physics don't seem to have friction adjusted like they did in previous years. for example, last year on a wet pitch the ball needed to be hit harder to move along the ground. this made interesting long ball tactics in that you can launch the ball down field in the rain pretty hard and it will slow to stop without going out of bounds. this year there seems to be no difference if the pitch is wet or dry.

I was also hoping that we could have more control of ball spin and hopefully see the ball curve differently or more dramatically as a result. maybe next year they will figure out how to add in spin control.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: FIFA 14 Title Update #2 Available Now for 360, Later Today PS3

Loving the update. Gives me as a manual player a fighting chance in HTH matches.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Never saw this before the patch.

http://youtu.be/5EoXPn4E7m8

I mean the CPU would go to scary lengths to, what I feel is unfairly, keep the ball out of their goal. There is good hard defensive play and then there are simply miracles. I was seeing plenty of miracles each match which grows tiresome.

But I had not seen devil-try like this pre-patch.

Someone get him a doctor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Never saw this before the patch.

http://youtu.be/5EoXPn4E7m8

I mean the CPU would go to scary lengths to, what I feel is unfairly, keep the ball out of their goal. There is good hard defensive play and then there are simply miracles. I was seeing plenty of miracles each match which grows tiresome.

But I had not seen devil-try like this pre-patch.

Someone get him a doctor.
You're insufferable. I understand that it doesn't look right. But that's the keeper's ball all day anyways. That's not cheating you out of a goal. That's football.

Go cry and complain over on the EA forums with everyone else. Let us appreciate the game
Old 10-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA Title Update #2 Available Now for 360, Later Today PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Initial thoughts...

Also I quit counting the CPU blocked shots when it passed a dozen. This might be down to SM Caen tactics though because they played extremely narrow and had multiple defenders in the box.
Same. I took that as a good sign, mostly. Maybe a few too many blocks (more hockey-like than soccer-like), but way better than pre-patch. I wonder if they adjusted something with collision.

Quote:
Pre-patch I rarely got any second chance tries on goal so this is a good sign
Indeed. Post-patch (one match thus far), I actually had second chances, which I didn't see across 20 matches pre-patch. I also saw the CPU pass backwards in the face of an attack. Not often, but it did happen, which is something I hadn't seen before.

My next step is to adjust my sliders, which really means, go read Gonira's sliders and adjust to fit my play style and skill level.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #14
Rookie

Anyone that's downloaded the PS3 patch know if the CM laggy menus have been improved?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuidobro
Anyone that's downloaded the PS3 patch know if the CM laggy menus have been improved?
to answer my own question, nope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #16
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Is it me or are the menus smoother now on 360? I got the update this morning and when I started it up that's the first thing I thought to myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »