Home

NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Exclamation NHL 14 Patch v1.01 Details, Available Now - Post Your Impressions

NHL 14 patch v.101 has been released today for 360 users and will be available for PS3 users at roughly 2:00 PM EST. See all of the details below.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.

Gameplay Updates
  • Fixed an issue where the user would not receive a bonus for picking and holding a side at a faceoff if it was held too long. (This should address the issue of faceoff spamming)
  • Fixed issue where the user could press LB/L1 to instantly popup a player from being injured on the ice.
  • Fixed rare crash that could occur if the controller was pulled during a potential Left Stick hit.
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to chop the puck using Alternate controls (will now work the same as NHL13).
  • Added the potential for tripping penalties to be called for players that trip an
  • opponent using the shot block.
  • Fixed a rare crash that occurred if the user scored a goal knocking the water bottle off the net at the same time a player was being called for goalie interference.
  • Added logic to break up fights if the user is holding opponent in the hold down state too long.
  • Fixed an issue where a disallowed goal would actually be awarded if a player from the team who scored touched the puck in the net.
Presentation and Graphics
  • Add a missing puck texture for the Wild Wings of the DEL.
  • Updated Ilya Kovalchuk main menu image with Martin Brodeur when favorite team is New Jersey Devils.
  • Updated *. Louis Blues 06-07 jerseys with proper art.
  • Updated the following player portraits with correct image: Matt Murphy (Halifax), David Moss (Phoenix), Brandon Archibald (Saginaw), Matt Halischuk (Winnipeg), Joel Armia (Ässat), Xavier Ouellet (Blainville), Kevin Porter (Buffalo), Danny Groulx (Chicago AHL)
Hockey Ultimate Team
  • Fixed a crash accepting a game invite from the Player HUB when accessed through HUT leaderboard or HUT Seasons leaderboard.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from redeeming the collection completion bonus for multiple teams unless they rebooted.
  • Fixed issue where Simulation Game Style was not properly being carried over into offline HUT games.
  • Fixed issue where the consumable level search filter only worked for the first page of results.
  • Fixed issue where some players were being tagged as retired preventing the user from advancing to gameplay with them.
  • Updated the art for common Gold player cards.
  • Added Bronze, Silver, and Gold levels for Logo, Jersey, and Head Coach cards.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed users to keep training items applied to their players indefinitely.
Be A GM
  • Fixed issue where RFA players would delay contract offer responses if they received a contract offer and then a qualifying offer.
  • Fixed an issue where the Scout returns from the wrong place after sending him out from the "I've been waiting a few days..." popup.
  • Updated Division names with New NHL names.
  • Tuning changes to how players are growing in the mode.
Live the Life
  • Fixed issue where the user was unable to change the simming penalty after creating a BAP save game.
  • Fixed issue where post game XP appeared to not be awarded to the user for completing coach’s tasks.
  • Fixed issue where the task for breaking a teammate out of a slump was not being unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when advancing on the calendar after the Memorial Cup around September 10th.
  • Fixed issue where Legend Milestone for scoring on you first shot of your first shift was not being awarded.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when loading a BAP save file after playing a split screen offline shootout game.
GM Connected
  • Fixed issue where wrong player is displayed on the contracts screen after the user buys out another player.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when advancing to the trade player screen in leagues with a high number of users.
Online Team Play / EASHL
  • Fixed an issue where some users were unable to purchase +7 boost vouchers in the Hockey Shop if they had a large number of +3 boosts unlocked.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when attempting to view a Club Invite message from the HUT leaderboards.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after a hit is thrown in a one on one practice session
  • Added the ability to turn game misconducts off for EASHL/OTP via tuner update. Player will still earn the 5 min major and then come out of the box.
Audio/Custom Music
  • Fixed Custom Music issue where the Off Play game event was not playing in game.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the Home team won if the user had every Custom Music game event assigned with a playlist.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360

Last edited by CupCrazyManiac; 10-15-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL14 Patch v1.01

leave it to EA's NHL team, know a patch is dropping the next day, yet cant give us what the patch will fix the night before. LOL.

madden, ncaa, fifa, etc. we know what the patch will have it in before it goes live. not NHL!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Goalie and defensive AI are still blind as bats...but at least we can listen to music after you get scored on
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

to me gameplay is pretty good. really hoping for an AI improvement. Also hoping they fix the fact you can't put a defenseman on a wing during the powerplay. Thats not a huge but the B's do it all the time and stick Chara in front but it won't work here
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
to me gameplay is pretty good. really hoping for an AI improvement. Also hoping they fix the fact you can't put a defenseman on a wing during the powerplay. Thats not a huge but the B's do it all the time and stick Chara in front but it won't work here
What slider settings to you use ???

I use mostly Friddy's but still at 6 for my goalie I get average of 4 goals scored on me a game.
The CPU shot slider is at 0 or 1.
The CPU Difficulty at 0 or 1,
AI learing at mostly 0, 1 or 2 occasionaly, or 3 rarely.
Attribute Effect at 3 or 4.

Of course with my sliders at almost the same or a bit above...I score maybe 2 goals. on Superstar or Pro. All-Star is a bit closer in goal differential.

I have played NHL10, 11, 12 and 13 mostly the same way and never had it so lopsided with such extreme slider setting differences??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

major penalties are not all game misconducts now.

penalties seem to get called more.

in one game a team we played hit whole game, they had 10 penalties called, 1 was a major with no ejection.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
Qute: EA_HLT (EA Forum)

Hi NHL Fans,

I just wanted to let you all know that our patch is scheduled to be released on Xbox 360 between the hours of 2-6am PDT. PS3 will be around 11am PDT, both today (Oct 15th).

I apologize but I cannot currently login to my email to post the official list of patch fixes, so I'll do that as soon as I get my email working, but it may have to wait until the morning when I get into the office.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2013 02:06:32

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9753071.page

So its up AND for all the Custom Music Lovers..its workin now! :-)
It's updated. Doesn't look like much for gameplay, more about fixing crashes.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Hmmm,
I still had the problem where player of my team are trying to go on a line change during pp/pk but are stuck on the ice (in BaGM/BGMC as far as I know).
This seems to happen more and more now. Countless times I'm on the PP but can only see 4 of my players when I've entered the zone. Pause and check the replay and one of my players is seen skating against the boards all alone, forever.

This is a "serious" issue, especially as we're not exactly graced with humongous amounts of PP's every game.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »