Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Not sure why this guy decides to do a Q&A to just sit there and be so vague.

The only thing I gathered was about the build of the footage we saw so that should put that debate to rest.
I don't think anyone should have expected full, detailed and descriptive answers. These Q&As never amount to anything except for the devs answering questions we already know, or them answering people praising the game.

When it comes to the real, tough questions, they either ignore them, or say stay tuned for more info.

This is with every company, not just the Live dev team either. I always feel these are pointless for the real hardcore sim gamers.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Also, this made me cringe...

Quote:
PF and Centers that don't shoot 3s, will they be more around the rim instead of being at the 3pt line?

Yes, player tendencies driven by advanced analytics will dictate player behavior on the court.
I can count a handful of big men that can stretch defenses out to the 3 point line. I hope those are also represented well, and they're not just "more around the rim" because that's where casual basketball fans think they should be.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #11
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I don't think anyone should have expected full, detailed and descriptive answers. These Q&As never amount to anything except for the devs answering questions we already know, or them answering people praising the game.

When it comes to the real, tough questions, they either ignore them, or say stay tuned for more info.

This is with every company, not just the Live dev team either. I always feel these are pointless for the real hardcore sim gamers.
I don't think anyone was expecting anything out of the world as far as responses go.

But to sit there and give the company line on every answer makes me say why not just release a statement rather than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I don't think anyone was expecting anything out of the world as far as responses go.

But to sit there and give the company line on every answer makes me say why not just release a statement rather than this.
Because they're taking this opportunity to get people to talk about the game on twitter. To try and get some buzz through social media.

They never intended to answer any of the tough questions. They answered what most of us already knew and are moving on, happy they got some noise about the game out there.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Pretty pointless. Lots of the typical EA wording which translates to a lot of nothing
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Pretty pointless. Lots of the typical EA wording which translates to a lot of nothing
Just curious, what is "typical EA wording"?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships
Just curious, what is "typical EA wording"?
He's has a point, they make it sound good in interviews but when you actually play the game it's nothing like they made it sound in the interviews. But at the same time, you can't expect anybody to make their product sound anything other than outstanding in interviews. It' like interviewing a director or actor before their movie is released, they are going to say the movie is great, until you go and see it, then you realize you were stupid for believing them.

Bottom line, if somebody believe everything someone says in an bias interview, you are naive.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 10-21-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Should've asked if they revamped dynasty mode. 2K hasn't put out info on that yet but someone that works with Live a few months ago hinted at dynasty mode being completely sick this year and should be a joy to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »