Home

NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14: Next-Gen Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Of course, all feelings and thoughts are subject to change drastically as more information is released, but at this point I'm not sure I'm liking what I've heard about MyGM thus far. It still kind of sounds like a MyPlayer mode but from the perspective of a general manager. I don't really want to have my fictional MyPlayer running my Association. Typically, I like my Associations to have a realistic base and I feel as though a few of these additions (and subtractions) might threaten that.
Im kind of nervous about the info of mygm so far too. I just dont want it to focus to much on the gm side of the NBA and the actual playing the game side is just an after thought. Hearing that the GM has attributes I hope that doesnt mean as long as you have a high rated GM your team will win games automatically when simulating no matter the type of roster you have. Hopefully things like that wont be an issue.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Of course, all feelings and thoughts are subject to change drastically as more information is released, but at this point I'm not sure I'm liking what I've heard about MyGM thus far. It still kind of sounds like a MyPlayer mode but from the perspective of a general manager. I don't really want to have my fictional MyPlayer running my Association. Typically, I like my Associations to have a realistic base and I feel as though a few of these additions (and subtractions) might threaten that.

Further, I bet there'll be a lot of cool aspects to MyPlayer/MyCareer but I'm also cautious about all the cut scenes. Again, before I liked kind of creating my own reality, largely based... in reality. The storylines with the trash talking between rivals and whatever else will likely be in store kind of feels like I'm being forced into playing an RPG game I might not actually have interest in. I'd still like to see a MyPlayer mode that slipped back toward reality (Summer League, D-League, less manufactured drama).
If i can talk some smack to lebron on my SF or to D12 on my C when i make them

Im going to have loads of fun especially this year the MyCareer mode looks great from what i heard im pumped

I hated the old one we have now you play your rookie season get every endorsement's , next win a championship...THEN WHAT? boring to keep playing on without anything new at all
Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

While I'm a little upset that they took out season mode I'm really excited for MyGM. Can't wait to find out some of the core features of the mode in the upcoming days.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #12
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
I personally enjoyed quick games for a fun feel of different players/teams...... and SEASON MODE! Quite devastated this is gone..... I know how the offline Assoc. people feel now..... sucky!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 33
"Some of us just want to play or watch any game. "

Does this comment confirm that Gamepass is out & you can only play your teams games?
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

"There is no longer a huge difference between how a real NBA player looks and a created player/my player looks. I've played 3 next gen games at this point (NBA, FIFA and Knack) and 2k clearly has the best looking game on next gen."

"The first one is your agent informing you that you have been invited to the Draft Showcase. The second one is your rival approaches you before the DS and talks a little trash. After that conversation, you agent asks you how you felt about the trash talk and you are given the choice of getting emotional or letting it go. Finally, your DS coach approaches you in the locker room and attempts to motivate you before the game. MyPLAYER on next-gen is much more immersive and I'm excited about giving it a run."

Come on Nov 15th!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
"Some of us just want to play or watch any game. "

Does this comment confirm that Gamepass is out & you can only play your teams games?
Not confirmed but I don't think that it's in based on the tone of comments I received from devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1
MYPLAYER is all I care about and it sounds great. Looking forward to more details on that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »