Home

NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Durant, Ray Allen & Kobe Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Kevin Durant & Ray Allen Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

Man it's crazy, even the skin itself just looks insane next gen. Next gen Ray kind of looks a little bit like LL Cool J lol
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Kevin Durant & Ray Allen Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

In that Ray Allen pic with Norris Cole...Ray's like "Really you took that shot with me on the wing..REALLY DAWG"..lol

Last edited by jayman504; 10-24-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: error
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Wow..Looks AWESOME!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

lol they need to tell the players to comb their hair before their scanned. lebron and durant look spot on but they are looked rugged
Old 10-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
What happened to current gen's lighting over the years? I feel like there were much sharper lighting effects (and sweat) early in the system's life than later. I'm looking at some 360 2K6 screenshots and they actually look closer to PS4 in terms of lighting than 2K14 current gen in some regards.
I think it's a memory issue. 2k is on record saying they were running out of space on current gen. If you compare features and content of 2k6 to 2k14 there is wayyyyyy more content in 2k14 that is potentially eating up space. That isn't an excuse for that bad KD on CG, that is just a bad scan job. Looking at the rookies in 2k14 lets you know they are capable of doing better work on CG.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

#DOPE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #15
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
What happened to current gen's lighting over the years? I feel like there were much sharper lighting effects (and sweat) early in the system's life than later. I'm looking at some 360 2K6 screenshots and they actually look closer to PS4 in terms of lighting than 2K14 current gen in some regards.
This was one of my complaints over the summer about the current gen graphics but I got the its the end of the current gen life cycle so what do you expect response. But my main question was why did the graphics decline instead of at least staying the same. Its almost funny to say that if they kept the same graphics and lighting from there earlier games such as 2k6 and 2k7 maybe the jump to next gen wouldnt be as impressive as it is right now.

On subject the way they did Durant on current gen is just wrong esp. since he was on the cover last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
Banned

SlyNumb3r1's Arena

OVR: 0

stunning.. i love the jerseys.. hope every jersey is updated like those..when i saw the gameplay i thought okay its not as good as i thought.. but thats because of the trailer.. and bcause i never played CG since then.. but when u go back and play CG and then watch NG u see what a big Difference it is again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »