Home

Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

This is a discussion on Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

The game is for XBox One and PS4 only. Like you said, 30fps this day and age is pretty disappointing to me, but I'll have to see more videos to give an opinion. I'm glad they at least got the 1080p part right, as some games for the next-gen consoles won't even have that at release from what I've read. This game has looked nice from what we've seen so far, but we need to see a lot more obviously in the coming months.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119
It won't be a gem unless they give room for hundreds of CAF's and make career mode be veeeeery realistic and fluid.

Otherwise it will just be fun for a bit and then we move on to the next game immediately. People will enjoy fighting online for awhile then get frustrated w/ tactics and quit.

Game needs to be made VERY REAL and VERY DEEP. Hundreds of CAF slots. 500-1000 like fire pro.
I'm just hoping they nail the gameplay down. If there's solid gameplay with the graphics we've already seen I'll be one happy camper
Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Following the same plan as Madden & NCAA: make it look good, terrible framerate, and then as you get better at optimizing you make the graphics slightly worse and get the framerate back to 60 where it should be.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
It won't be a gem unless they give room for hundreds of CAF's and make career mode be veeeeery realistic and fluid.

Otherwise it will just be fun for a bit and then we move on to the next game immediately. People will enjoy fighting online for awhile then get frustrated w/ tactics and quit.

Game needs to be made VERY REAL and VERY DEEP. Hundreds of CAF slots. 500-1000 like fire pro.
You think like me. This is what I expect. I want this game to be deep like a text-sim(football manager like).

Quote:
Hayes is quoted as saying the majority of people in a focus test preferred the 30fps with motion blur. It's possible the game simply doesn't look that good at 60 FPS because there is less room for error with the animations when you crank the framerate up that high.

Hayes said, "we discovered that 60 FPS didn't have a hugely beneficial impact on gameplay, but motion blur had an enormous impact on visual quality."
This producers always use marketing and "people in a focus test" as an excuse for decisions. Who are these people? I think the the producers are full of it, because later in the interview he talks about what they want to use basically.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 10-27-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

CAFs are ok ONLY if they are allowed to ONLY compete against other CAFs. There only two things that matter. GAMEPLAY...INTERNET CONNECTIVITY.

If they pull those two things off...it will be a success
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #22
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

They're going 30fps because it hides the animation imperfections when ran at 60fps.

That just means the animations top notch and for me my biggest hope for next generation is mind-blowing animation above graphics or anything else.

I'd rather one weight division with 10 guys in it and near perfect animation than 1000 guys with photo-realitic graphics and animations we've become accustomed to.

I may be in the minority and that's fine, but that's what I personally want.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #23
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Excited for this game

1.Hope EA keeps the online belt ranking system that was fun i got into the game late earned a purple belt before it shut down and it makes you work towards something not just a record.

2.I hope we get great CAF's and we can use them online after we take them through our fight career offline

3.I hope EA keeps the ground game they had in their game it was a lot more interesting and fun to play on it then the UFC undisputed games where it was robotic as it comes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »