Home

Take-Two Registers NBA2K14GreatestShots.com Domain - What Do You Think it Means?

This is a discussion on Take-Two Registers NBA2K14GreatestShots.com Domain - What Do You Think it Means? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: (RUMOR) Interesting find on possible new mode for Next Gen 2K14

Jordan mode, yes. Greatest mode, not so much. Don't get me wrong I'd love it to be in but there isn't as much replay value as I thought there'd be when I heard about it in 2k12.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

At this point I am just going crazy with anticipation over seeing how the legends will look with these next gen models. I'm thinking they will still look very impressive judging by the Ben Maclemore screen shot.....since I'm guessing they didn't actually scan in Maclemore and he still looked up to par with the other player models.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

There may be some truth to this. I emailed Ronnie about a month ago about this and his response to me was "Soon enough my friend, Next Gen is going to shock a lot of people with our game modes".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

I hope this is true, would love for the Jordan challenge and Greatest mode to be brought back. Would have to imagine if these modes are on the next gen, then they will be even better than they were before.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenAintEasy
The dedicated website makes me think that's it's some sort video site that users can upload their highlights to with the new next gen sharing capabilities.
The most pessimistic part of me has the same thought. It seems to be a relatively generalized term for a website. Like, maybe "shots" is referring to snap shots taken and uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Remember 2K13 iOS "Classic Games" for Stars like Shaq, T-Mac, MJ, and others?

Well, think of that, but a lot of more stars. And obviously, "Greatest Shots" ideas:

-Reggie Miller in MSG comes to mind
-Julius Erving would obviously be somewhere (the reverse layup vs the Lakers)
-MJ of course

Possible:
-T-Mac's 33 second comeback
-LeBron's WCF game vs the Pistons '07

This could happen. Maybe. I haven't seen my uploaded shoes on NBA2k.com though. Could be a rebranded version of that site.
Man, that's one of the most frustrating moments in my entire 2K experience, knowing there was an incredible mode out there like that but having it only available to ios gamers.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenAintEasy
The dedicated website makes me think that's it's some sort video site that users can upload their highlights to with the new next gen sharing capabilities.

As far as I remember, the Jordan/Greatest modes didn't have their own dedicated websites.
I would have to say it will probably be for something like Pip said. I would however be super stoked if it was a "greatest" mode again
Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
The most pessimistic part of me has the same thought. It seems to be a relatively generalized term for a website. Like, maybe "shots" is referring to snap shots taken and uploaded.

Man, that's one of the most frustrating moments in my entire 2K experience, knowing there was an incredible mode out there like that but having it only available to ios gamers.

It was poorly done though. It could have been good had it been on consoles but you had no real players except for maybe the starting5 (which would use other players CF) and you didn't even get the real jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Take-Two Registers NBA2K14GreatestShots.com Domain - What Do You Think it Means?

Probably just a site to upload game-winners or other shots to..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »