Home

EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All

This is a discussion on EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: EA Sports Next-Gen Golf Game Will Not Feature Tiger Woods at All

No issue at all. Primarily because I can't stand the game anyway....

The very first Tiger Woods game ever wasn't bad, if I recall - because it was basically their PGA Tour game re-branded w/ Tiger, back when there was still a focus on good solid sim golf on the PC. The shift to the consoles killed videogame golf IMO.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
How can you not have the best player in the world in the game? How is that acceptable? It would be like having NBA2k without Lebron. Or Madden without peyton or Tom Brady. Very bad decision IMO. Sales will tank. Hardcore golf fans will still buy it but, the fringe fans, the ones that only know golf because of Tiger will no longer be interested.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Rookie

DaveMN's Arena

Hopefully they take that money they were giving to Tiger and spend it on the development team to make a better game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey04
How can you not have the best player in the world in the game?
Not any more.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #13
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Not any more.
lmao see world golf rankings and he will more than likely win golfer of the year as well
Old 10-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
Pretty certain they will just add him in as DLC then expect us to pay for him, like he wasn't in Tiger 14, and 13, and 12, and 11.

Like all the courses that were in game, that then suddenly disappeared and became DLC.

[/cynicism]
Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey04
How can you not have the best player in the world in the game? How is that acceptable? It would be like having NBA2k without Lebron. Or Madden without peyton or Tom Brady. Very bad decision IMO. Sales will tank. Hardcore golf fans will still buy it but, the fringe fans, the ones that only know golf because of Tiger will no longer be interested.
The best golf games ever (IMO, of course) had no PGA players whatsoever in the game. The thing about golf games is that I would imagine that they are generally played by people who play golf in real life, just like golf is primarily watched by people who play golf in real life. It isn't like football or basketball or hockey where the majority of people watching the pro game never actually go out and play (or at least not often), so they live vicariously through their teams. If you're a golfer, you'd much rather go out and play yourself than watch it on TV, so the game is a lot more personal in that regard.

Personally, I've always played as a character that approximates myself, and most of my buddies do as well. So it's really a moot point if there are real PGA players in the game or not. Sure, it's better if they're there, but if you asked me would you rather have Tiger Woods in the game or have a no-name game as good as Links 2000 (updated for modern times, of course), I'd take the latter every time. Clearly, the sales of the game don't support paying for his name any more, so I must not be alone there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Not any more.
Not anymore??? Dude, its not really close. He won 5 times this year. No majors but, he is the best in the game hands down. To not have him represented in the game is unbelievable. Even when he was in the game, i could never use him in career mode. That was just dumb too. I would have loved to try and match his career using him. EA cannot get anything right these days. They are an absolute joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »