Home

The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

This is a discussion on The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

The Dolphins winning in OT on a safety, because why not?

In case you missed it, last night the Bengals fell to the Dolphins thanks to a safety in OT. The Bengals' bid for a fifth straight win was dashed completely when Miami defensive end Cameron Wake sacked Cincinnati QB Andy Dalton at the 6:38 mark in OT for a safety, giving the Dolphins a 22-20 victory.

It's not that often you see an NFL game end this way, and it got me to thinking: What has been the weirdest possible way for a game to end in Madden?

For me personally, I once lost a gameon a fumble recovery for a TD after being tackled making a fumble recovery to end the game while I was tied late.My wounds from that event have yet to fully heal.

What about you? What is the weirdest way you've ever saw a game end in Madden?
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
This did not happen in Madden but it was the best ending to a football game I had ever played.

In NFL 2K5, my team was up a few points and had to punt the ball away with seconds remaining in the game. The defense got a good push through the line, blocked my punt, and returned it for ~50 yard touchdown to win as time expired. Couldn't believe it.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
It was this year, cant remember what teams were used but i was playing cpu , 15 seconds left to play, im up by 2points, my possession on the enemy 35yard line, they have no timeouts and its 4th down , i decided to try a long field goal and i missed them giving up the ball around the midfield for them, but i thought hey they barely have any time and 0 timeouts , they are not getting this, first play of their possession its a completion to their TE in a flat , he breaks two tackles runs for around 10-15 yards and then gets out of bounds , they kick the field goal , its good and i lose , wanted to kill myself for not punting on that 4th down.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Vermin's Arena

OVR: 8
Playing as Baltimore against the Bengals in preseason play, Cincinnati roared back to erase a 13 point lead and held a one point advantage in the dying seconds of the fourth quarter. I had pushed to within range of a 30-yard field goal, and lined up for the win. Then I forgot a critical piece of information.

Madden likes to put in the backups during preseason games. This includes substituting the punter in place of the kicker. It occurred to me only as I watched the ball sail a paltry 22 yards on the attempt, and I had to settle for the loss.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
I was playing one of my boys in madden 10. I was up by 3 with 11 seconds to go and he had the ball on the 25 or 30, his own side of the field. So of course Im in a prevent. He throws like a 5 yard in, and proceeds to break a tackle from every guy on my defense like twice on his way to a 70 yard plus touchdown. Im talking hit stick tackles, dives, just standing around him hoping somebody drags him down, nothing. Lol since then I skipped 11 and 12, bought 13 but barely played it, and am still deciding wether or not Im going to go get 14. I guess I still havent got over that loss lol. Which is crazy cuz I havent thought about that until you bought up this question....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

Tom Brady retired and Ryan mallet became the starter. We pick him off maybe 4 times in the first half and go up 27-3.
For whatever reason the pats come out unstoppable. Ryan mallet even goes on to complete 8 passes in a row. No passes dropped the whole 3rd quarter.

They catch up and we end up tied halfway thru the 4th qtr. it's now a shoot out and I can tell that whoever scores last will win. 14 seconds left and mike Wallace frees himself of press coverage and beats the safety down the sideline as he catches the ball for a touchdown that has to be reviewed because it looks like he stepped outta bounds .

I go to look at the replay for myself and find he didn't step out. Whew .
Lets kick this PAT and end the game

game freezes at pause menu screen
Old 11-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 11
Was playing against a friend of mine online. Was down about 24-10. Can't remember the final score but I came back picking him off for a TD and then towards the end of the game he fumbled it on a kickoff return which won me the game with 04 seconds left in the game.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

Playing a online ranked match in Madden 11 I think it was. Vikings vs Packers(me). Down by 4. Like 10 seconds left on the clock. No timeouts my opponent only needed to kneel the ball. He decides to throw a hailymary. I picked it off at about my own 25, broke about 5 tackles and ran it back for the game winning touchdown. He sent me a message on xbl saying "BS". Couldnt believe it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »