Home

The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

This is a discussion on The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1
This was years ago when Culpepper and Moss were still on the Vikings. I was playing online as the Ravens vs. some random dude as the Vikings. Vikings are up by a FG with 10 secs left in the game. Dude is being cocky and trying to run it up with one last pass play.

I come around the edge with Suggs, hit the strip button as I get to Culpepper, and the ball comes out. I get up, make a beeline for the ball, and just as Suggs is bending down to pick it up, 300 lb. Kelly Gregg swoops in and snatches it from me.

Now Gregg is on my team, but he gives up about 30 points in speed to Suggs! So I head for the endzone, get to the 10 yard line, and Michael Bennett runs me down. Dude messaged me at the end of the game, "I bet you wish Suggs picked that up." He was right.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Weirdest Ending to a Game in Madden For You Was...?

I was playing an NFC Championship game against the Packers as the Falcons on Madden 12 or 13. We just scored a TD with 30 secs left on the clock in the 4th and 2 timeouts to make it 24 - 21. So I kick the ball for a touchback and they run the ball on 1st and 2nd but on 3rd with only 13 secs left they throw a screen to Jordy Nelson. I mean all the CPU had to do is run the ball and game but nope. As soon as Nelson runs Grimes strips him, picks up the ball and runs it back for a TD with 5 secs left

Last edited by bdeezy89; 11-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1

My Weirdest ending happened in last years madden, Madden 13. He was the Cowboys and I was the Ravens, I was down by 7 and the other player had just scored and I had about 15-20 seconds left to score again at my own twenty. I tried to get a 25-30 yard pass to about midfield and then I was going to call a Timeout and try a hail mary. Well, he ended up picking off the pass. I could tell he was holding the "cover up" button so he wouldn't be stripped, but I decided I might as well try for the strip anyways, well, one of my linemen went for the strip and went into one of the strip animations and he ended up fumbling, I fell on the ball with about 5 seconds left right about where I started in the first place. I decided to do a screen to Ray Rice, and he ended up breaking a couple tackles and I got into the endzone and tied it up.

After that, we went into overtime and I drove down the field on the first possession and I scored a TD to win the game. It was a pretty crazy game for me. I felt like I was living the Chargers - Patriots 2007 Playoff game all over again.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
I lost on a 75 yard touchdown run on a scramble by Tony Romo on Madden 08, barely played any Madden since.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
Rookie

boodahisthe1's Arena

OVR: 3
Down by 1..8 sec left..my opponent squib kicks it..i return it to my 40..3 sec left..Hail Mary..Incomplete, WAIT! Pass Interference in the end zone..1st and goal on the 1..QB sneak..TD!!..no time left..GAME OVER
Old 11-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

mine was in 12??? I think or maybe it was 13... I was playing a co worker and he just took the lead... so I needed a td to win... I get a great KR to like around mid field... throw up a hail mary. I see my wr got behind his defense and I chuck it deep and at last second his defender comes flying over and im thinking oh great... the superman defender pick.... NOPE... my wr reached through his cb's body grabbed the ball and fell into the endzone for game winning td.

he still gives me smack about that play when I see him lol.

I didn't know my wr reached through his cb's body till I watched the replay... when I told him about it he's like yea I know I watched the replay to lmfao.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
In Madden 2003, I was up 20 points in the final minute but Peyton and the Colts found a way to beat me. Still my worst defeat in any sports video game. With that being said, I made sure onside kicks haven't affected me in all the years since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

In Madden, I'd really have to think about it. I haven't had that many outstanding games in Madden since Madden '10.

In NCAA, I (CMU) fumbled an interception in the end zone and MSU recovered it for the score.

In NFL 2K5, as the Patriots, I stopped a Hail Mary pass with zero time on the clock left against the Packers... only to have a flag called. Because a game cannot end on a defensive penalty, Ryan Longwell kicked a 59 yarder with the clock reading 00:00 for the win. My older brother was the Packers. He still holds this over me.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 11-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »