Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Screenshot - Building Your MyGM

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Screenshot - Building Your MyGM within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
Rookie

mrbigshot's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Screenshot - Building Your MyGM

I wonder if these options will also allow us to relocate teams.

when i think of entrepreneurship i think of selling your team to an owner and then relocating your team elsewhere.

maybe I'm missing the point though.

I'm not sure why i desperately want this feature,

but the replay-ability would increase dramatically for me if they implemented this feature.

I want the vancouver grizzlies back. ):

bring seattle another team, maybe get rid of the LA clippers because they already have an LA team. (sorry clips fans, can't get to greedy)

or maybe open up for expansion.

endless possibilities. and with this GM mode, it makes even more in depth.

how will the players feel about moving a team they played for their entire career, to a different city? will fan support dip and the players start to veto the request to move the team? man...

Last edited by mrbigshot; 11-05-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufaso
I'm sure I missed this somewhere, but in MyGm mode, do you also play games as the entire team (like assoc mode now), or is this a MyPlayer/Assoc hybrid... ?
I'm pretty sure you can still play/sim your games freely, they just added more stuff like conversation engine and finance management. Wouldn't make sense for us not to be able to play games.

I wonder if there will be an option to turn the conversation engine off, or at least limit it? I personally wouldn't, but a lot of people have been complaining about just wanting to play games.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Seems cheap to create a style (especially for this mode) to give you an advantage in some part of the game. Once again, the game is holding the gamer's hand.

In Football Manager, they don't give you a style to choose. You decide how you want to manage and then the game tracks several stats out of 20, that measure your style. You have stats for financial responsibility, attitude to foreigners and temperament. These stats are useful when a club is considering you to be their new manager. Your reputation and experience can make players either respect you, or think you're not good enough to be managing the club, and all this can have an effect on the pitch.
Really? Seems cheap? All it's doing is simulating the fact that some GMs are better than others in certain areas. Some guys are good at business decisions, others at finances, others at managing players.

What the hell is so cheap about giving us a way to differentiate and have a certain speciality that other GMs might not have?

I didn't know that everyone had to be the same with no special qualities and nothing to bring to their job.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

re: VC in MyGM mode.

The other screenshots have shown projected profits in $$. You have to negotiate player contracts in $$. I am hopeful that your entire operation is something that can be controlled with budgets in fictional $$ earned through your management and not VC that can be purchased through microtransactions.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #21
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Seems cheap to create a style (especially for this mode) to give you an advantage in some part of the game. Once again, the game is holding the gamer's hand.

In Football Manager, they don't give you a style to choose. You decide how you want to manage and then the game tracks several stats out of 20, that measure your style. You have stats for financial responsibility, attitude to foreigners and temperament. These stats are useful when a club is considering you to be their new manager. Your reputation and experience can make players either respect you, or think you're not good enough to be managing the club, and all this can have an effect on the pitch.
The style just makes it take less to upgrade that particular attribute. I'm guessing you can upgrade all of those attributes, but the style you choose will be easier to upgrade over one you didn't. Makes sense considering if I study one thing and become really great at it, it doesn't mean I'll be great at everything else as well. Also creates a dynamic of choosing a style you feel suits you best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #22
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
I'm pretty sure you can still play/sim your games freely, they just added more stuff like conversation engine and finance management. Wouldn't make sense for us not to be able to play games.

I wonder if there will be an option to turn the conversation engine off, or at least limit it? I personally wouldn't, but a lot of people have been complaining about just wanting to play games.
They've told us that if you don't want to do all that, you're free to just play the games and let the CPU handle all the micro managing

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #23
Pro

d23x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
It's already been stated that these aren't for this crowd, but for the masses who lack a general knowledge of what modes are even in NG. Simballer said he'd try to cook something up by the end of the week that would satisfy the OS crowd.
Again, 2k tending to those who only know how to shoot the ball from half court..
Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
Banned

This mode looks great but i'm tired of their screenshots
They will release My GM screenshots all this week , like there's nothing else to talk

Like i said yesterday,there's so much questions yet in 10 days until launch

how about online mode?
video of gameplay?
create a team?
create a player?
realmaker back?
Developer Insight video of My Career?
Developer Insight of defense ?
some infos about Euroleague players?
Some infos about legends ?

It's kinda weird to have a Next-gen Michael Jordan and don't use it to promote the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »