Home

NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

It's the day after a huge amount of hands-on impressions of EA's first basketball game in three years have hit the web. Here's some of the highlights:

From Destructoid:

Quote:
"I didn't have enough hands-on time to sufficiently weigh NBA Live 14, particularly against its fabulous counterpart, NBA 2k 14, but Live feels a heck of a lot better than it ever did. The next console generation has greatly opened up ball physics, firm footwork. The ability to chain moves while dribbling (star players have signature moves) without ever being stuck in an animation isn't a stunning leap, but it feels a lot better than past iterations in the franchise."

TechRadar had much to say on the game's ability to stay updated constantly:

Quote:
""So if there's a guy who's really shooting the ball really well in the real world, you can see him evolve throughout the course of your game," O'Brien explained."

The folks at DigitalTrends seemed to indicate the game was far from great but somewhat solid:

Quote:
"It’s easy to predict disaster for NBA Live 14 if you’re looking at what’s happened in the past as an indicator. The truth is, the game feels like a solid EA Sports production. It definitely needs to grow and evolve, and those looking for deep-dive features like designing your own sneakers and online seasons must turn elsewhere. But there’s a strong foundation here, built on gameplay that is simple and intuitive, even if you’re a basketball neophyte."

IGN seems intrigued by pieces of the game, by never goes on to say the game will actually be good or not:

Quote:
"In a way, it’s as if EA tanked the last couple years for the draft picks, and now they have to spend the next few years assembling it into a contender. At the very least, it’ll be good to have a little competition again."

It seems the general feeling is that most journalists went into the preview event with incredibly low expectations which seemed to be met. No one was willing to say the game was great or even good. The words you saw thrown around were more like solid and workable. Take that for what you will.

What do you think of the NBA Live 14 impressions hitting the net the past day or so?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

I personally think people become brainwashed by other people into thinking Live is going to suck, it's not going to be good, etc. And that in turn influences what they see when they spend time with the game. Just my theory but I've seen it happen time and time again. It's like the hivemind concept.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
yikes...u really pooped all over this os....was it really necessary to point out (multiple times) how nobody had anything super positive to say about it? seems like nobody had anything super negative to say about it either....just sayin
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Live's big problem is that its going up against 2K, which looks phenomenal. Its also going to retail at the full $60 and the final point is that its coming out on next gen so people are going to expect something special.

So far, looks wise, its comparable with current gen. The first few 2K trailers made it look like next gen. Live needs a solid footing to kick on next year. Hopefully it gets that.

One thing that still amazes me is that we've yet to see video of a real game, none of this produced trailer stuff, true game footage is needed for people to get a true reflection of the game. You have to wonder that with only 2 weeks to go that EA havent shown anything yet. Its no wonder people have reservations about it.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
@P4N748E42 Huh? Everything they said was positive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
As I said in another post, this years game is likely a WIP. The real competition will start with 2k15 and live 15
Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

I mean as long as its Solid I'm good, but we will definitely see upon release.. I already have mine preordered
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
Rookie

dfish1214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4N748E42
yikes...u really pooped all over this os....was it really necessary to point out (multiple times) how nobody had anything super positive to say about it? seems like nobody had anything super negative to say about it either....just sayin
You clearly didn't read any of the reviews . Everyone had only positive things to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »