Home

NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 1
I wasn't planning on getting Live anyway.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigball12
This may seem over exaggerated to some, but I honestly cannot begin to muster the GREAT disappointment in the lack of team play online. As an isolated team up player on 2K, I was expecting to have some great times on Live's versions of the original "team play". With those thoughts now crushed, I cannot see myself purchasing the title.
i think that goes hand in hand with some peoples overly high expectations. they said from the beginning that theyre rebuilding. it doesnt seem like a barebones game by any means but it seems to me like they put more focus on basketball as a game than different modes. it sounds like they want to nail the realism first, and then add in the little things like extended modes later on.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Hands-On Accounts from Around the Web

Just good to hear this is nothing like elite/13 previews and is on par or exceeds live 10.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Its graphics don't bother me so much, gameplay should always come first. Ever wonder why so many like playing old games? Its cause of the gameplay, not the graphics. Graphics never last over time, but gameplay does. Even great as NBA2k14 next gen is going to look, by NBA2k17 the graphics will look out dated, and if NBA Live is still going head to head by then, it will mostly likely look just as good.

Also people need to remember, the more you hate on NBA Live the more likely we wont see a 2nd NBA game on the market, the best thing for NBA2k is competition, cause it makes every game better.

I'm no fanboy, and I been with NBA2k since NBA2k on the DC, I was never a NBA Live guy at least since the great NBA Live 99 game on PS1, but I so want to see NBA Live be a success. I don't understand how 2k fanboys want Live to fail so badly, go away and never come back, when at the same time they wish and dream NFL 2k would come back.

Back to topic, if NBA Live was below $60 people would look at it as being a cheap game, yet the same time people will complain that its $60, but also if the game were only $20 many would buy it, but also many would wonder why they should buy a $20 or even $40 game that might not be a full blown next gen game. Remember Live has a full demo for the launch day, so it wont take much to make up your mind if its good or not.
Good points
Old 11-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
Pro

WOW, this blog gives a much more negative overtone then any of the individual previews. In actuality most every preview talked very little about actual gameplay and spent most of the time talking about different features and modes which to me sound pretty amazing though I am also hugely disappointed in no team up play. This site must be run by 2k fanboys, just compare the overtone of this blog to the individual previews and you will notice the bias.

A lot of people might not take the time to read all of the previews so coming across as being negative when none of the previews had anything negative to say does a great disservice to potential fans/customers. Sometimes I swear some of these sites pocket money from 2k lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Its graphics don't bother me so much, gameplay should always come first. Ever wonder why so many like playing old games? Its cause of the gameplay, not the graphics. Graphics never last over time, but gameplay does. Even great as NBA2k14 next gen is going to look, by NBA2k17 the graphics will look out dated, and if NBA Live is still going head to head by then, it will mostly likely look just as good.

Also people need to remember, the more you hate on NBA Live the more likely we wont see a 2nd NBA game on the market, the best thing for NBA2k is competition, cause it makes every game better.

I'm no fanboy, and I been with NBA2k since NBA2k on the DC, I was never a NBA Live guy at least since the great NBA Live 99 game on PS1, but I so want to see NBA Live be a success. I don't understand how 2k fanboys want Live to fail so badly, go away and never come back, when at the same time they wish and dream NFL 2k would come back.

Back to topic, if NBA Live was below $60 people would look at it as being a cheap game, yet the same time people will complain that its $60, but also if the game were only $20 many would buy it, but also many would wonder why they should buy a $20 or even $40 game that might not be a full blown next gen game. Remember Live has a full demo for the launch day, so it wont take much to make up your mind if its good or not.
I agree with a lot of what you said, but wanted to answer a few things.

"I don't understand how 2k fanboys want Live to fail so badly, go away and never come back, when at the same time they wish and dream NFL 2k would come back."

I think the answer to this is Live actually left because it was bad. People want NFL 2K back because it was great and only went away because of an EA monopoly.

"if NBA Live was below $60 people would look at it as being a cheap game, yet the same time people will complain that its $60, but also if the game were only $20 many would buy it, but also many would wonder why they should buy a $20 or even $40 game that might not be a full blown next gen game."

I disagree here. NFL2k5 was $20 and it caused people to pick up both games to try it out. I'm sure you are aware that most don't consider NFL2k5 a cheap game, but an all time classic.

All love fam
Old 11-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #23
Rookie

I don't want the game to fail, I would much rather it succeed. I think a lot of gamers are more into presentation, than gameplay. 2k is a wonderful basketball franchise, but they take sim way too far IMO. I don't want to play a simulated game, I want to play basketball sim. The comeback, rubber-band, streak system, or whatever they hell they call it in 2k is annoying to me. I play sports games for competition. If I'm better and have a superior basketball IQ than my opponent then I should prevail. If I'm playing in a match and I want to set a handicap for myself or opponent, that should be up to the players, not pre-coded in the game. I'm looking for the best experience, with the best gameplay first, and then visuals. Hell, if I want to watch basketball and have no influence whatsoever in the outcome of the game I can turn on TNT, or ESPN.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
Rookie

"WOW, this blog gives a much more negative overtone then any of the individual previews. In actuality most every preview talked very little about actual gameplay and spent most of the time talking about different features and modes which to me sound pretty amazing though I am also hugely disappointed in no team up play. This site must be run by 2k fanboys, just compare the overtone of this blog to the individual previews and you will notice the bias."

this is what i was talking about....the reviews themselves were positive which is why i found it so odd the the operation sports post seemed to go out of its way to point out that none of the reviews remarked how good or great the game was.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »