Home

2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This is a discussion on 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
Sshhhhhh....Bruce. Never speak the truth. The truth will always get you in hot water.
I didn't listened to the clip, only read an except..The WNBA is boring, and so are these sports that women do that try to emulate or simulate the aggressiveness of the male sport, but fail tremendously. I have no problems with women playing sports, but come on, we all know that in some aspects, the male counterpart is much better and some can be said for vice versa.

I am against Intersexed teams. I don't know why the nba is so intrigued with that concept, but that is just so wrong to me. The wnba is boring, college, not so much. The wnba needs to do something to spice up ticket sales. Not try to insert this agenda about maybe playing for the nba one day. Keep that ish separate. No one wants to be ejected for a ticky tack foul on a female.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The Damon Bruce show is one of the most entertaining sports talk radio shows to listen to because he crosses the line all the time. I don't know what this particular thing was that he said and I'll start to dig into it, but I'm sure it's just classic Damon.

Too bad, I really like him. To those who haven't heard it before, you should given it a listen.

Well, you might not be able to anymore...

EDIT: Just listened to the segment. It was very Damon-like so it wasn't out of the ordinary. Super inappropriate, though. Because it's Damon and because it's not unexpected, I would have kept him his job but slapped him on the wrist. I know that if KNBR keeps him though, that's bad representation on their end. So I think they're covering their own asses.
its the advertisers, feminists and investors that are on his ***. Not the fans.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #11
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

OVR: 0
Not hating an woman but what's so wrong with what he said?

If there is a WNBA game...I'll take a nap.
The german women national soccer team gets crushed 10something:0 by 17 year old up-and-coming players.
I don't want to look at poeple doing things they are not good at. End of story.

I hate this feminsim bull****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Thank God. Now we can have someone known in the halftime. Please bring in Kenny and E.J.
Damon Bruce is "known"...and while he doesn't yell "Birdman Birdman", he's very knowledgable about the game....
Old 11-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Hot Water...Music. I'm still geting 2K for launch!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I didn't listened to the clip, only read an except..The WNBA is boring, and so are these sports that women do that try to emulate or simulate the aggressiveness of the male sport, but fail tremendously. I have no problems with women playing sports, but come on, we all know that in some aspects, the male counterpart is much better and some can be said for vice versa.

I am against Intersexed teams. I don't know why the nba is so intrigued with that concept, but that is just so wrong to me. The wnba is boring, college, not so much. The wnba needs to do something to spice up ticket sales. Not try to insert this agenda about maybe playing for the nba one day. Keep that ish separate. No one wants to be ejected for a ticky tack foul on a female.
Wait what? When has the NBA tried to have intergender teams? Saying they're "so intrigued with that concept" what exactly have they done that backs that statement?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Believe it or not, some people besides the good folks at Inside the NBA cover basketball....

Damon Bruce is "known"...and while he doesn't yell "Birdman Birdman", he's very knowledgable about the game....
Well his knowledge doesn't come off in the game. 2k is going for the brief halftime look it seems. So if they are going that route, bring in some one that's at least entertaining during that short time. Bruce is "known" on the west coast. I'm pretty sure that many people haven't heard of him unless they are diehard sports podcast listeners or on the central or west coast

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Wait what? When has the NBA tried to have intergender teams? Saying they're "so intrigued with that concept" what exactly have they done that backs that statement?
They entertain the question a lot including stern. Saying it was a strong possibility. With the maybes and so forth.That's something IMO that should be quickly shot down. Men and women shouldn't play together. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »