Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Thanks for clarifying.

Can you address the animations? Why did you ask if they could update animations after release? Were the animations not up to par because that's exactly what it sounded like.
I felt like he asked that question because they was saying they update just everything including hair style which is different
Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgrisham
Sure. While the game played smoothly from possession to shot as you move across the court, I noticed that things got a bit shaky camera-wise and animation-wise during the moments when players were going for rebounds. That seems to be when the absolute most is happening on the screen at once and was the roughest part of my time with the game. If they're able to smooth that out post-launch, that will address my biggest concern.

Based on what I played, though, I am excited to have my hands on the full game. There's a lot going on, and, as you can tell, the guys are passionate about their game.

I love NBA 2K too, and more than anything I am excited for two next-gen basketball games. Perhaps that's coloring my opinion a bit, but everyone will have it in their hands in a week. So there's that!
Yea I remember you saying that in the last podcast does the rebounding reminds you of elite animations cause those looked really bad in that demo?.not sure if you remember that demo lol I'm sure a lot of ppl do tho
Old 11-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

From what I heard !!
1. game is solid!!
2. control is deep (pass : lob, power, bounce...) & response is good
3. half time & post game is solid (I heard it is much longer than 2K)
4. commentary is solid
5. the atmosphere is the king !!(crowd sounds good --Jame in cavalier got boo~~ )
finally
I wanna see the video now!! Please!!!

Last edited by tedus; 11-11-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #20
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
I felt like he asked that question because they was saying they update just everything including hair style which is different
Nah, he knew what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richgrisham
Sure. While the game played smoothly from possession to shot as you move across the court, I noticed that things got a bit shaky camera-wise and animation-wise during the moments when players were going for rebounds. That seems to be when the absolute most is happening on the screen at once and was the roughest part of my time with the game. If they're able to smooth that out post-launch, that will address my biggest concern.

Based on what I played, though, I am excited to have my hands on the full game. There's a lot going on, and, as you can tell, the guys are passionate about their game.

I love NBA 2K too, and more than anything I am excited for two next-gen basketball games. Perhaps that's coloring my opinion a bit, but everyone will have it in their hands in a week. So there's that!
Thanks.

And you were right about JVG. He did say more as the game/action went on. Breen also sounded good. Very animated.

And the crowd chants were nice and loud. Better than I expected they would be.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Nah, he knew what I meant.

Thanks.

And you were right about JVG. He did say more as the game/action went on. Breen also sounded good. Very animated.

And the crowd chants were nice and loud. Better than I expected they would be.
They always had good crowd sounds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Are you referring to me?

And did you listen to it?
I actually did listen to the whole podcast.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0
Not anything like 2k! Why do you guys settle for second, why don't you all give me your 64.00 bucks I'll feed you a lot of crap too! From what I see and hear 2k is worth my money, live is not! I understand some of you live guys no nothing about basketball, you like crowds, commentary, how the court looks but not gameplay!!! Why don't you all just go back in time and buy double dribble because that's what live is going to be like...... Ha
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba15700
Not anything like 2k! Why do you guys settle for second, why don't you all give me your 64.00 bucks I'll feed you a lot of crap too! From what I see and hear 2k is worth my money, live is not! I understand some of you live guys no nothing about basketball, you like crowds, commentary, how the court looks but not gameplay!!! Why don't you all just go back in time and buy double dribble because that's what live is going to be like...... Ha
Smh so lame

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »