Home

NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
Rookie

TerminallyOdd's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Next-Gen Review (IGN)

I predicted if the game plays similarly but looks much better than current gen, it can only get a higher score. Right?...WRONG! Lol. I don't know, the score doesn't make much sense to me considering he had basically nothing but praise for it, but that doesn't really matter.

More importantly, there's a ton of new gameplay clips in the video review and it looks sooooo good. A few of the bulkier players looked accurate as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #18
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1xt6en
Cannot wait to get this game! But I think they took a bad turn with career mode. This is the first year though, so I dont mind at all!!! YES YES YES. I have my copy just waiting on my ps4!!
To me it didn't look like a bad turn. They added stuff and made it bigger. Just because the aren't voices for every player, like the reviewer said, it doesn't mean it's a step down. Hey, it's new and added content so why complain?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Seeing actual broadcast camera angle gameplay got me all excited! The lighting and the courts are beautiful! The score is fine for me but man....I can't wait till Friday!

No PC Mod can ever make it look next gen....I'm hoping we get these types of graphics next year...my GTX 780 is ready...
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #20
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Some good footage in here, especially the park info. I really hope they review Live 14 soon. Doesn't change my decision on getting the game though, already pre-ordered it. Overall good review.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #21
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Lol @ that Curry dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #22
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Welp. Surprisingly...that was a pretty fair review. What he said about MyCareer wasn't concerning (I KNEW it was going to be cheesy ) but what he said about the Park seems like a hassle if you aren't already used to being in parties with your friends before you play a game to coordinate.

Didn't like seeing that Curry two-hander. I know he can do that in real life, but he's never done it in game. They just need to fix dunk packages in general.

This all but confirms that yes you can PLAY games in MyGM. In fact, if you don't play the games, it seems like you don't get the other upgrades (either not as fast or not at all I think).
Old 11-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #23
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Mycareer= Cheesy

I don't touch My Player so it's a accurate assessment for me personally. As anytime I see my friends playing it I say "you know that mode is cheesy".

This game is clearly the foundation of what is yet to come. My GM has me foaming at the mouth to see what improvements they bring to it and of course the 30 team control option. Once I get that I won't bother with anything else in the game.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

He did knock them for the loose ball physics so I dont think he knows the ball is its own object on purpose. It looks less wild here in NG but I agree with him that you don't see it in the NBA too much (sometimes you do) and I also understand why its like that in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »