Home

NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

The remaining few Hard Core LIVE fans will buy the game no matter what they see or don't see. Don't forget that Hard Core LIVE fans were clamoring for that buggy, slide fest, online only NBA LIVE 13 after the incriminating video was released.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingeo19
The remaining few Hard Core LIVE fans will buy the game no matter what they see or don't see. Don't forget that Hard Core LIVE fans were clamoring for that buggy, slide fest, online only NBA LIVE 13 after the incriminating video was released.
Yeah your right I'm one of them...at this point I'm solo ready to get away from 2k basketball I will pretty much play anything at this point...don't matter what other ppl think cause it's my time and money unless you want my games for me lol
Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
What is there to buy?

We are 3 days away from release and haven't received so much as one actual gameplay video. Not even one possession. You act like the benefit of the doubt should be given to them, when we've seen this tactic before and saw the subsequent result.
I second this. I'm still interested in checking the game out and giving it a try but from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make sense for EA to allow 2k to release videos and commercials without any sign of competition, especially when 2k14 is being released first. Live fans and basketball heads know the deal with both games but I wonder if the average person/gamer even knows live is being released and if they do how much do they actually know about it.

I think live will make for a fun game of basketball I just hope it will perform well enough financially to continue the series. I just don't like EAs marketing right now. They seem to be relying on word of mouth and the demo to sell the game but I don't know of that will be enough. 2k has history, releae date, graphics, and marketing on its side imo it will be hard for live to compete
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I second this. I'm still interested in checking the game out and giving it a try but from a marketing standpoint it doesn't make sense for EA to allow 2k to release videos and commercials without any sign of competition, especially when 2k14 is being released first. Live fans and basketball heads know the deal with both games but I wonder if the average person/gamer even knows live is being released and if they do how much do they actually know about it.

I think live will make for a fun game of basketball I just hope it will perform well enough financially to continue the series. I just don't like EAs marketing right now. They seem to be relying on word of mouth and the demo to sell the game but I don't know of that will be enough. 2k has history, releae date, graphics, and marketing on its side imo it will be hard for live to compete
That's thing they not even trying to compete this ...this year is just about getting a solid game so ppl can see where there is heading and hopefully next year ppl will give it true shot...you can play fully demo before you buy it that is saying a lot...how many next gen demo is going to be out and be fully playable
Old 11-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180

I think it has a lot to do with the importance the general public places on visuals. Live will not look like 2k. If EA releases gameplay everyone will just rag on it because of visuals. My take is that EA is talking features and assets rather than showing shiny new graphics. I think it's a good strategy because what they are revealing about the game, if implemented well, is way more important to the Live/2k competition than visuals. Dont get me wrong, I would also like to see gameplay, but I understand why we haven't seen it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nba live 13 is right where FIFA soccer was in2007. Keep the same foundation layer it and make it better every year so it's easy to play but have A LOT of depth
Old 11-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14: Hands-On Preview from GamesRadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
That's thing they not even trying to compete this ...this year is just about getting a solid game so ppl can see where there is heading and hopefully next year ppl will give it true shot...you can play fully demo before you buy it that is saying a lot...how many next gen demo is going to be out and be fully playable
All of 'em?

http://www.digitalmediaacademy.org/t...an-the-ps4-do/

Quote:
6. Free Demos – for Everything
No longer will you need to rent games or download huge files in order to try out a new title you’re interested in. Sony has revealed that every game for PS4™ will have a demo version you’ll be able to access online with one press of a button, which will be instantly playable for a period of time. What’s more, when you buy games online, you’ll be able to play them right away, while waiting for the whole thing to download.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3
I don't post a lot on these forums, but what are the game modes. Everyday I am checking for news on OTP and any news of online play, yet I get nothing. They did a Q&A on twitter, I ask questions then at the end of the Q&A they let everyone know that they were only focused on gameplay for that Q&A. Really EA?????

Was looking forward to this game since the OTP and online connectivity was solid in 08, 09 and 10. Looks like I will only have one BBall game this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »