Home

NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K14: Emotion Plus

MyGM is gonna be so strategic
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Basically a better modeled momentum system, with something I've wanted-- where a player can cause other players to lose rhythm by ball hogging. Looks like chemistry will finally be modeled more dynamically and correctly, and we'll actually get a proper simulation of chemistry issues on teams like last year's a Lakers and maybe this year's Rockets.

If properly done, it'll also eliminate cheesers from shooting with one player constantly.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Basically a better modeled momentum system, with something I've wanted-- where a player can cause other players to lose rhythm by ball hogging. Looks like chemistry will finally be modeled more dynamically and correctly, and we'll actually get a proper simulation of chemistry issues on teams like last year's a Lakers and maybe this year's Rockets.

If properly done, it'll also eliminate cheesers from shooting with one player constantly.
They didnt say anything about a better momentum system, even though we can assume that...... I wouldnt say that the bs from last year does not exist until I actually play. They are talking about individual players being effected. They did not say anything about the whole team being effected. I have to see for myself to know the exact components. Wouldnt get hyped and assume something only to be disappointed my friend.

Nonetheless this is a nice touch that I dig

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 11-13-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Absolutely love this and I hope its in online matches too so when my opponent starts cheesing and missing 3s that player will get all flustered lol great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 11-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Hopefully this is something that can be turned on or off in the settings menu.... Because I can see myself getting pissed if this costs me in a key game where as NBA players they should be locked in from start to finish, no matter if the stars are getting the majority of the shots. But I gotta admit the feature does sound cool.
NBA players are human beings with emotions too, lol...

Most times more because they're so pampered, lol...

But seriously I understand wanting the option, but for realism/sim purposes, I like it. Hopefully it effects things like free agency and trades, like Dwight & Kobe. EX Evan Turner, contract year, but a rookie comes and is playing and hogging, will that carry over to the off season and effect if he resigns?

Either way, this sound goods.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0

If this does work as explained it could have a good effect on online play, coupled with the inability to spam steal anymore and it could change the mood of online altogether for the better, granted their servers or lack thereof will obviously be the real deciding factor but I still remain cautiously optimistic.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

If its not an option I'm hoping that its at least a rating, where some players like JR Smith are rated low and will be more likely to lose their focus in cases like these, but players like Jimmy Butler and Ray Allen have high ratings and are locked in for the entire game.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »