Home

NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & Mo

Yeah... Not sure about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
Rookie

asitter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: Emotion Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
If its not an option I'm hoping that its at least a rating, where some players like JR Smith are rated low and will be more likely to lose their focus in cases like these, but players like Jimmy Butler and Ray Allen have high ratings and are locked in for the entire game.
I'm sure they would make it a rating. Hell, maybe this will finally put the "emotion" rating to use. I hope they took into consideration that certain players are more likely to want the ball, and others are more likely to be content with their role.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K14: Emotion Plus

This might be my favorite new feature in the game. It will fly under the radar, but it will make a big difference while playing.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #28
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 Emotion Plus Engine Allows Players to Lose Focus, Become Frustrated & Mo

So im guess the effects will take place through rating drops? Is this kind of a counter to sig skills?

And what about if someone is playing a team oriented game, will over teammates become more focused and into the game?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #29
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
This was actually a wishlist item I believe. Basically this is a way to implement signature skills that could have a negative or positive effect on your team. Of course we would never get a directly negative signature skill but the actual play makes it human like. This can be very good if implemented well every action could have a reaction effect on your team. Just like in football WR's are typically divas lol and you have to give them some touches or they lose focus or take plays off. Ball hogging with your myplayer it impacts your teammates. They shouldn't be mindless robots much more human aspect. Users who know the inside and outside of their players will have an advantage over those that don't
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #30
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
So im guess the effects will take place through rating drops? Is this kind of a counter to sig skills?

And what about if someone is playing a team oriented game, will over teammates become more focused and into the game?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe this along with the "Rhythm meter" thing plays a roll on play. I think it will work exactly like that unless you have a player like Kobe I think they said he is an alpha dog. This was definitely in the wishlists so kudos to 2K for listening.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #31
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

I wonder if the importance of a game plays a part. Maybe you can have more emotional games.

For example, Andrew Wiggins, or your MyCareer player, is making his first start in the NBA; you're going to have some nerves and force some stuff, or maybe just go off and stay in the zone - depending on your emotion rating.

Just trying to see how broad this feature can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I wonder if the importance of a game plays a part. Maybe you can have more emotional games.

For example, Andrew Wiggins, or your MyCareer player, is making his first start in the NBA, you're going to have some nerves and force some stuff, or maybe just go off and stay in the zone - depending on your emotion rating.

Just trying to see how broad this feature can get.
I saw some of the personality badges during the live stream yesterday, they said there are games of importance.

Playoff Games
Rivalry Games
Games against old team
Hometown games.

The personality badge is called Primetime. Guys with this badge will shine in the big games posted above. Pretty cool feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »