Home

Player Mentorship in Next-Gen NBA 2K14

This is a discussion on Player Mentorship in Next-Gen NBA 2K14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Player Mentorship in Next-Gen NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I think realistically it should be a team vet who's playing my position. For example, is if I get drafted to play a shooting guard at Portland, Wesley Matthews would be my mentor, and slowly as I get bigger, guys like Kobe start calling, and MJ giving me pointers and stuff would be cool.

Not LeBron talking to me when I'm a Charlotte Bobcat/Hornet.

Btw, is that change reflected in myGM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think I'd be opposed to that, but you say it like this isn't exactly how the league works? Guys work out together during the summer, they're super tight and link up on the regular. Chris Paul was a Hornet and he's like little brother to Bron and Melo and those guys.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
Just imagine where this game is going to be in 3 years.
Slow down sports this ain't madden we good right now with 2k lol.
But why lebron got the shaq eye going on.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Player Mentorship in Next-Gen NBA 2K14

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I don't think I'd be opposed to that, but you say it like this isn't exactly how the league works? Guys work out together during the summer, they're super tight and link up on the regular. Chris Paul was a Hornet and he's like little brother to Bron and Melo and those guys.
I'm not saying we shouldn't have friends, I'm just saying we should have mentors based off position, status, and team. From Veteran team to all-star to superstar to hall of famer, that type of way, like a Tier-system.

Those tiers can then be like emotional things to tie in with the emotions thing, with a veteran we start off a lil pushy and super energized, but they want us to cool off, with a HoF, we just act like Kobe or LeBron when their in a zone, but just we only act when we need to. (I know using Kobe and LeBron are bad examples sometimes, but you get the point, maybe KD is a better choice.)

Last edited by MarvinOida; 11-13-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bravo 2k! For real, I never knew all this would be in the game, amazing. It is definitely like they took a sports game and took it beyond any level of any other sports games. Could only imagine this with Drew Brees giving me some inspiration to get open on a final drive and catch the winning TD
Old 11-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #21
Rookie

MoultonHawk's Arena

OVR: 1
All this effort into My Player, really ? My least favorite mode. Customizing My Player and playing online that we all love but this otherstuff with the bad voice overs with the same voice, the press conferences, player mentoring silly, I can care less. They took out the whole Lebron path to greatness mode and put this silly stuff in.

At least i'll have great graphics, online matchmaking, and my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoultonHawk
All this effort into My Player, really ? My least favorite mode. Customizing My Player and playing online that we all love but this otherstuff with the bad voice overs with the same voice, the press conferences, player mentoring silly, I can care less. They took out the whole Lebron path to greatness mode and put this silly stuff in.

At least i'll have great graphics, online matchmaking, and my team.
Im sure they didnt make the game just for you. No offense

Last edited by TheRealHST; 11-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I'm not saying we shouldn't have friends, I'm just saying we should have mentors based off position, status, and team. From Veteran team to all-star to superstar to hall of famer, that type of way, like a Tier-system.

Those tiers can then be like emotional things to tie in with the emotions thing, with a veteran we start off a lil pushy and super energized, but they want us to cool off, with a HoF, we just act like Kobe or LeBron when their in a zone, but just we only act when we need to. (I know using Kobe and LeBron are bad examples sometimes, but you get the point, maybe KD is a better choice.)

I think your idea makes perfect sense. In real life I don't think (and I can be completely wrong) a player like lebron will mentor a rookie unless the rookie is either A. On his team or B. Suppose to be the next big superstar. Because your draft position depends on your performance in the rookie showcase its not a guarantee that your my player will be projected to be a future star in need of mentoring, although if this cutscene takes place a little later in your career (or even rookie season) when you are proving yourself to be a star then it makes sense. I'm hoping they have more players than just lebron but I won't hold my breathe. Like you said I would like to see some tier system of players that mentor you.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #24
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
i hope they have some DLC lebron shave option

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »