Home

Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Madden NFL 25 Impressions (PS4)

Madden NFL 25 is now playable for thousands for the PlayStation 4 with that console's launch. If you have the game, be sure to share your impressions below!

If you don't have the game, then no one cares about your impressions of a stream, so please don't post!
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 Next-Gen (PS4) Impressions.

Just started playing so don't have anything to say about gameplay yet but the game clearly looks better.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

So coming from someone that has played an extensive amount of current gen Madden 25 on the 360 I wanted to post some thoughts and impressions that separates next gen (I was skeptical of next gen prior to playing):

Note: Play on All-Madden with default sliders for this quick play now half.

1) Running is much more realistic and seems more fluid and life-like. The running game is a huge improvement.

2) Man coverage appears to be fixed where your slot was always open on the out route.

3) DB's seem smarter so if you run consecutive curls with your 1 and 2 WR the db will actually jump the route and pick it off. Also stop and go routes are more effective if you run a few curls.

4) The pocket forming is very nice compared to current gen.

5) It is much more realistic getting pressure, you can actually blitz 7 and get pressure every time as opposed to the blitzing lb getting hung up behind a tackle blocking a defensive player already.

6) The graphics are actually a noticeable improvement (couldn't tell from streams). The pictures displayed early were of replays and you can actually see that level of detail if you zoom in. The game play looks a little better than current gen but I wouldn't say it's a lot better but there is definitely a noticeable improvement.

7) Defense is actually competent now. I was hardly ever stopped on current gen and on next gen I put up 7 in a half as the Eagles vs the Titans.

8) A good defensive end overpowers a mediocre lineman

Last edited by Brian52682; 11-15-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: add data
Old 11-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #4
Banned

I didn't play current gen but I just finished a game on next gen and enjoyed it. Defense is actually good as opposed to previous years and the graphics are nice.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
MVP

i liked the current gen and i think this plays better it may not look worlds apart but gameplay is better smoother for sure..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #6
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel the same about everything Brian said. This game is a noticeable improvement from current gen. Graphics look better, the grass really does look good (it makes a bigger difference than I thought). The game definitely feels different too, in a good way.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Just started playing. Graphics are slightly better and like the crowd interaction. Really disappointed they took out game face and imported draft classes though.. That was the funnest element for me.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #8
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

I may have been overly critical. Is it amazing no but it is good.

I am liking the DB improvements so far, verts is still $ but curls not as much.

Games in the dome don't look as good as the outside games that I saw before on twitch. Dome lighting doesn't compare.

A good slider set its very needed, whether or not theres foot planting there is no weight to the player, to often they change direction at full speed with no cutting.

The line interaction is okay but needs a lot of work. I don't know it was my team but the DE don't get much up field pressure. The DE doesn't really rush that outside shoulder, they just rush straight, so I find if I line up in DE the computer makes a nice pocket but when I am on offense the CPU DE rushes at the Tackles chest and it keeps it a flats pocket with no depth.

Its a small thing, but I find the headsets actually make the coach look weird. Oh a big thing I did like improved depth charts which is to be expected but you can never be certain.

The crowds sound much better, that being said it doesn't add much cause it doesn't seem to have an impact on the game. Just noise.
Ive only played one game play no, all pro no sliders or any options changed, was too east but sliders can fix it hopefully

Last edited by drewst18; 11-15-2013 at 04:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »