Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

EA Sports has shipped NBA Live 14 today. Please play a few games and post your impressions here. As always, we'd like to see how the community feels about the game.
Platform: PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

After only playing one 12 min quarter (me Nets vs cpu Knicks) I like the pace of the game. Very deliberate slowed down pace. The cpu plays the same type of game, but I did get a chance to get out and run (the cpu will too) on occasion.

Graphics aren't bad, but not good either. Reminds me of Live 10 which isn't a bad thing, but with the power of these consoles they have A LOT of room for improvement.

I turned up all the fouls because watching the streams I didn't see a lot of fouls called. There were a fair share of fouls called once I did that, both myself and cpu were in the bonus with 4 min left in the quarter.

I really like the way the cpu was playing me with Melo. The iso'd and cleared out the side almost every trip down. They threw it in the post twice from what I remember. Shump and Felton both were trying to break me down and get in the paint.

I had to come back to work so I don't have anything else right now, but Live isn't a great game, but it's not a bad game by any stretch. EA needs to work on animations and graphics. Seems like it's missing some animations that would help smooth out things like jumping and blocking. Really anything off the vert needs work.

I'll play more when I get home and see what's what.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The control is very sluggish and that's making it not very much fun to play. The animations need some serious work. The graphics are passable, but definitely don't scream out next gen. I wouldn't pay $60 for this.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
After only playing one 12 min quarter (me Nets vs cpu Knicks) I like the pace of the game. Very deliberate slowed down pace. The cpu plays the same type of game, but I did get a chance to get out and run (the cpu will too) on occasion.

Graphics aren't bad, but not good either. Reminds me of Live 10 which isn't a bad thing, but with the power of these consoles they have A LOT of room for improvement.

I turned up all the fouls because watching the streams I didn't see a lot of fouls called. There were a fair share of fouls called once I did that, both myself and cpu were in the bonus with 4 min left in the quarter.

I really like the way the cpu was playing me with Melo. The iso'd and cleared out the side almost every trip down. They threw it in the post twice from what I remember. Shump and Felton both were trying to break me down and get in the paint.

I had to come back to work so I don't have anything else right now, but Live isn't a great game, but it's not a bad game by any stretch. EA needs to work on animations and graphics. Seems like it's missing some animations that would help smooth out things like jumping and blocking. Really anything off the vert needs work.

I'll play more when I get home and see what's what.
I really like that they were running iso for Melo all the time. If the teams play true to their real life counterparts both offensively and defensively, it could be a game worth playing despite its shortfalls.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
I really like that they were running iso for Melo all the time. If the teams play true to their real life counterparts both offensively and defensively, it could be a game worth playing despite its shortfalls.
The really have a foundation to build on, they had it with Live 10 too, but we know how that ended.

We'll see where the series goes from here. Could be really good, but could be fatal if they try something new next year.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like there is no auction house in NBA Live's Ultimate Team mode?

It seems like the only way to get new players is by purchasing card packs. I know NHL, FIFA, and Madden all have auction houses, so it is weird that there doesn't seem to be one in Live.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Has the SYNERGY/DNA feature kicked in yet fluent?? If so your thoughts??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Why is the game slow and sluggish. Doesn't look good either.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »