Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

Since the days of NFL licensed electric football, people have been trying to replicate the pro game in their living rooms for ages. Back then people had to use their imagination quite a bit, but thankfully for today’s generation we can plop down on the couch and fire up our favorite video game consoles to do just that. With the release of Sony’s Playstation 4 on Friday, and Microsoft’s Xbox One release just around the corner, EA Sports has released their latest iteration of its NFL franchise, Madden 25.

Read More - Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Finally. Sounds like a step in the right direction. I didnt buy it for my 360, hoping that for the xbox one it would be worth a purchase. So purchase it I did along with 2k (of course) and battlefield. Now all I need is my xbox one.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
For me when playing with the normal camera it looks more like Madden 13 then it does next gen, at least from a player standpoint, crowd and sidelines look much improved though, but players from a far still have that donut like glaze over them. When the camera is zoomed in the detail comes to life.

Sidelines still need a lot of work to look real.

Gameplay for me just felt like a slight improvement, with only the flaws of current gen Madden improved, like the kickoff returns, and money screen plays, but those should be fixed on current gen Madden and still haven't.

Still a good Madden game, maybe the best one yet and its great that it retains all of its features, but still doesn't feel like a true next gen game, NBA2k14 feels more what a ideal next gen game should be. Don;'t know what others think, but I still have more fun playing Madden on PS3, as the running game still feels much better, and tackles still look better.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

Good review, hit's on the good, bad and the ugly.

This seems to coincide with the comments in the impressions thread.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

An 8? Woaaaaa there, Ke-mo sah-bee! Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Banned

Most fun I've had with Madden since 2010. I'm really enjoying it. I play a sim style and mostly online and the game captures football better than any previous game. The running is so much more fluid and planted. I don't feel as disconnected from the field anymore.

And the pocket is a thing of beauty. I can actually step up or maneuver within it to throw the ball and few things feel as satisfying in this game as stepping up to avoid an outside rush and finding a WR deep beating single coverage.

Speaking of coverage, defense is a hit and miss for me. Sometimes I just cannot play defense despite choosing an appropriate scheme to beat their play and defending correctly with my user controlled player. At times, no matter if I specifically shade my secondary to the sidelines or sell out for a run left, I'll still end up with a wide open receiver in that area or have my entire blitzing d get blocked on the run.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleatsMaster
An 8? Woaaaaa there, Ke-mo sah-bee! Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Yeah, I don't like the score either. Definitely too generous of a score. If anything it deserves a 7.5 maybe. I'm not touching Madden 25 for next gen unfortunately. Here's hoping that Tiburon gives us something worth while next year.....
Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1
You're overall comment totally contradicts the score you gave it. 8? 8 to me is a good game. You're review reads like a 7 or 6.5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »