Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
FYI, Jason Campbell plays for the Browns, not the Raiders
Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
For me when playing with the normal camera it looks more like Madden 13 then it does next gen, at least from a player standpoint, crowd and sidelines look much improved though, but players from a far still have that donut like glaze over them. When the camera is zoomed in the detail comes to life.

Sidelines still need a lot of work to look real.

Gameplay for me just felt like a slight improvement, with only the flaws of current gen Madden improved, like the kickoff returns, and money screen plays, but those should be fixed on current gen Madden and still haven't.

Still a good Madden game, maybe the best one yet and its great that it retains all of its features, but still doesn't feel like a true next gen game, NBA2k14 feels more what a ideal next gen game should be. Don;'t know what others think, but I still have more fun playing Madden on PS3, as the running game still feels much better, and tackles still look better.
Have not played NG, but the community by in large seem to favor it. But, I have notice some subtle changes with CG of late...maybe EA has done some tweaking. With my sliders and penalty settings ( play on very slow) I have notice some good game play of late.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
You're overall comment totally contradicts the score you gave it. 8? 8 to me is a good game. You're review reads like a 7 or 6.5
Nah it sounds like an 8 from the reading of the review. It is not anything above 8 but 8 sounds just about right in my opinion and most opinions going on these days. Have you played the game? It is indeed a good game...not great but good and good is between 7.5 and 8... but i do not like getting into the nickle and dime BS of reviews. Play the game and see for yourself..like most of us that actually own next gen madden..it is definitely a nice improvement over current gen and quite a fun game to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
I like the review. Very informative but I agree with some others that the score seems too high for what you wrote, especially according to the new scale. It sounds like it should have been a 6.5 to 7 (Above Average to Good) not Great.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm not a fan of the game simply because I don't see too much improvent from current gen...especially graphically. Madden will eventually lose to another company, question is when. Player models are awful...no one runs with their knees going up so high.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4
Madden 25 next-gen deserves an 8. I did not like current-gen Madden much at all. Big improvement to me. Would give Madden 25 on 360 a 6.5.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Yeah, I don't like the score either. Definitely too generous of a score. If anything it deserves a 7.5 maybe. I'm not touching Madden 25 for next gen unfortunately. Here's hoping that Tiburon gives us something worth while next year.....
So u didn't play the game but u disagree with the review? Makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
Just started!

I think the easiest way to improve the kicking game is to take it back to old school but with a twist. I've been wanting to put this in a wishlist thread for years but to no avail.

Simply take the kicking meter back to the days of a simple A or X button press to get it started and stopped. The main difference is depending on the reating of your kicker/punter there is a cap on how much power you can put in to the kick, and the sweet spot for accuracy becomes smaller depending on the accuracy rating.

Don't have a kicker with a strong leg? Kicking that 52 yarder doesn't sound good right about now so you may b forced to put or go for it rather than aiming the kick meter all the way down and getting within decent range of full power and the kick is money.

The analogs have too many instances where you flick down and up on cue but it doesn't translate to the game and you end up kicking a pooch or something.

Delegating to the A/X button basically kills this occurence

I also believe they need to relegate heat seeker to holding the X button and diving from behind to a tap of the x button. While putting impact tackles back on the analog stick via an up/down flick. Forget holding the right stick down for 2 seconds..thats easier to manage and control with the X button that the sticks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »