Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
They brought up one of my major gripes about this game. The defenders never try to knock the ball out on the deep pass. They will just mimic what the receiver does. I hope they will fix this in the future, but I'm not holding my breathe.

I bought the game, but haven't received my ps4 yet. I played the demo of 25 on the xbox 360. I'm really glad to hear the cleaned up a lot of the issues with the secondary. Hopefully, the running game will not be too easy either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #26
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mholtz2j
Too high of a score. I would give it a 6.0. Maybe a 6.5.
This is supposed to be the Next Generation of videogames. The graphics are bad and the animation is even worse. Ok, so maybe for the first game they just focus on the graphics, but they didn't even do that.
Ok, maybe we focus just on the animation, they didnt do that either. They ported over the current gen game and you scored it an 8? Wow.
Its not a port, they did change things under the hood and they are using the Ignite Engine (like Live, and FIFA, NHL will also be using it for the next gen version).

You seem to think that graphics were the most important thing about the move to next-gen, everyone on this site will disagree with you. Gameplay is what matters most, graphics should evolve with time but if the game doesn't play well then graphics are meaningless.

The game plays better and it looks better, you may not be happy with the leap in graphics but the gameplay improvements are more than enough to warrant the uptick in the overall rating.

This Port nonsense needs to stop, it's not a port plain and simple, if you want to argue that it is too close to the current gen in looks and/or gameplay, fine (I disagree, and I think the majority would say that it is an improvement with the only debate being how much of an improvement it is), but that does not mean the game is a port.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #27

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
This Port nonsense needs to stop, it's not a port plain and simple, if you want to argue that it is too close to the current gen in looks and/or gameplay, fine (I disagree, and I think the majority would say that it is an improvement with the only debate being how much of an improvement it is), but that does not mean the game is a port.
It is a port though. They have admitted this.

I agree with your other points but it is a port.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
Just started!

OVR: 0
Great review! I wish I could open my copy but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm really struggling with this, even mentally.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #29
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Everyone needs to realize that its ok for others to like it and its ok for others to hate it. Slamming either point of view will result in a ban from here on out.

Obviously people are gonna have different opinions and I think we can do better than resorting to attacks when that happens.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #30
Banned

I am giving my honest opinion just like everyone else on here, I do not feel its fair to delete my comments. I have been the biggest EA sports fan for the past 20 years. Madden has had 25 years to get the game play right and all I am saying is that for the past 7 to 10 years we have been saying "Madden looks to be moving in the right direction". Lets be honest the graphics are comical, player models are comical. I thought this was supposed to be the NEXT-Generation of gaming.... its ALMOST the same game.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Its not a port, they did change things under the hood and they are using the Ignite Engine (like Live, and FIFA, NHL will also be using it for the next gen version).

You seem to think that graphics were the most important thing about the move to next-gen, everyone on this site will disagree with you. Gameplay is what matters most, graphics should evolve with time but if the game doesn't play well then graphics are meaningless.

The game plays better and it looks better, you may not be happy with the leap in graphics but the gameplay improvements are more than enough to warrant the uptick in the overall rating.

I believe they should have concentrated on the graphics and presentation this year. When EA creates a football that looks far behind what it should be all we have to lean on is the game play and they still cannot get that right. The movements of players are not natural/authentic... very robotic. Yes gameplay if improvements if existed would make for a better game, but when the looks amazing and feels amazing and its presented (commentary, game day presentation) great. That makes for a great game, then we can deal with the slight if any adjustments to game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
I am giving my honest opinion just like everyone else on here, I do not feel its fair to delete my comments. I have been the biggest EA sports fan for the past 20 years. Madden has had 25 years to get the game play right and all I am saying is that for the past 7 to 10 years we have been saying "Madden looks to be moving in the right direction". Lets be honest the graphics are comical, player models are comical. I thought this was supposed to be the NEXT-Generation of gaming.... its ALMOST the same game.
Is there anything wrong with people having different opinions? On a messageboard, no one else's opinion reigns higher or supreme with other opinions.

I just don't agree with you that every year over the last 10 yrs "Madden looks to be moving in the right direction." Madden 06, 07, 08, 09, 11 and 13 were not moving in the right directions for me.

Game play is king to me as noted earlier, and based on the people who have the game and have played the game, they are saying gameplay is much better on NG.

Those people aren't wrong for having those opinions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »