Home

Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements

This is a discussion on Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sean O'Brien Issues Apology for NBA Live's Quality, Promises Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Sad.. Sean O'Brien is the new David Littman. He lied to all of us about gamplay before summer, and now they come out like it groundhog day, and guys.. excuse me "Struggle Live Apologists" are praising this..

You guys are the reason Live is in this state.. you settle and buy mediocrity, and now you are struggling to find aspects of the game to like to disguise the disbelief of the shattered pride you had, seeing how bad this game is... UNBELIEVABLE..
here we go again. actually he didnt lie about gameplay at all. now what is a slight lie is them showing those close ups of irving that look spot on. then you see the game in motion 5 vs 5 and its zoomed out like 10 levels away. so they look bad. and there's no options to choose from to change this.

that other thing someone posted and i posted to the EA site myself. where that guy is in dynasty mode and some how deandre jordan starts running point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
They are going to make improvements to animations and graphics within the next few weeks?

Whoa, I didn't know that stuff was patch-able.

That is pretty cool.
Goes to show that this could had been implemented in pass releases amongst all games.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 30
Smh. Double edged sword for me. On one hand, I can appreciate the acknowledgement of how bad this game isfor an NG game, the apology and the promise to vastly improve what's there in coming months but the other hand is wtf were u thinking and trying to pull with this game. EA obviously didn't care. Strong narcissism from EA brass and I really don't blame the devs. I almost believe they put more money into FIFA because they are making more global bucks than with any other of their sports games so it seems they care more about that franchise than anyone else. That's just my perception. I don't know the sales numbers.

Before I said that this game wasn't bad and I actually meant to say it wasn't horrible which I don't believe it is but it's definitely bad and unacceptable for an NG game. I also believe they need to save the supposed improvements for 15. Just patch the minors and move on. Unless they can really go ham with whst they can improve in 14 then take that and thensome into 15, again just go with minor patches then move on. Dont talk all this yang then don't produce, AGAIN, neither.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Good to see. EA's just taking their medicine.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Again and again. Unless someone tells them that it doesn't look good, they don't know it. Basically, they had to have people seeing gameplay videos/playing the game to tell them that it's not good. Same thing with Elite, same thing with 13.

They just don't get it. I hope they will this time.

I've said it before - when you don't know what the problem is, you can't fix it.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
Goes to show that this could had been implemented in pass releases amongst all games.
Or its something they can now do with the advanced hardware on the Next Gen consoles.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
No letting EA skate here...
EA Skate...

Whatever happened to that series?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #32
Rookie

Sean O' Brien does not not realize that this might do more harm then good. He basically admitted that this game was sub-par all along. People that bought the game are going to feel like lab rats that were tested on. How do they recover from this? Will they ever be able to gain trust?

Last edited by shutdown10; 11-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »