Home

OS Roundtable: Next-Gen Launch Recap Edition

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Next-Gen Launch Recap Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Next-Gen Launch Recap Edition

NBA 2K14.

After what seemed like a long and slow build-up to the launch of next-gen consoles, the new era of gaming is finally here. Generally, we didn't see too many games become utter duds in our genre with the new consoles' launch. So was it a successful launch? Read on to find out our thoughts and be sure to provide your own in the comments!

Read More - OS Roundtable: Next-Gen Launch Recap Edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Best launch sports game: FIFA 14
Most Disappointing: NBA 2K14
Worst: NBA Live 14
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Best launch sports game: NBA 2K14
Most Disappointing: Madden 25
Worst: NBA Live 14
Old 12-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Im loving 2k14. Im also liking what I see in Madden for the first time in I cant remember maybe 10? Im not disappointed in anything, I think microsoft could have taken a little longer and fixed some of the issues but these days we customers are paying to be the beta testers. So I know theyll figure out a patch sooner or later. Talking to my gaming console, priceless. I havent used my controller in two days lol!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Im loving 2k14. Im also liking what I see in Madden for the first time in I cant remember maybe 10? Im not disappointed in anything, I think microsoft could have taken a little longer and fixed some of the issues but these days we customers are paying to be the beta testers. So I know theyll figure out a patch sooner or later. Talking to my gaming console, priceless. I havent used my controller in two days lol!
How do you play 2k without touching a controller?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I got an Xbox One along with NBA 2K14, Madden, Forza 5.

Best: NBA2K14.

The most enjoyable game I got out of the 3. I only play quick games. The dependency on acquiring VC has completely turned me off from playing MyCareer and MyGM modes. The nagging online issues are still present in the next gen which is extremely disappointing.

Forza 5 is in the middle for me. I'm not a race car fan and bought this game purely off of the looks and game play impressions. I honestly don't think the graphics are THAT great. They're nice, but I'm noticing jagged edges and the color of the cars/reflections seem a bit bland to me. It's a fun game to play, Drivatar is pretty neat feature, but not something I can sit hours on end and play.

Most Disappointing: Madden.

Easily the weakest visuals out of the 3. Same familiar gameplay feeling - which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the minor upgrades doesn't give me a next-gen vibe at all. I hope Madden 15 brings more to the table next season.

Last edited by alaska2k3; 12-04-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Running on 0 hours of sleep.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Bugs and Lack of editing options really disappoint me. Fifa 14 is the only PS4 title I've played so far and although it is good, the whole experience is pretty underwhelming so far.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Best Launch: Fifa 14... The game feels completely different for the better.

Biggest Jump: NBA 2k14's graphics. it's insane. I love 2k14 and MyGM is nice until the take the reliance of VC out of it the mode will never shine.

Most unexpected: PowerStar Golf, this is the most addictive game for next sports titles. The need to patch in Online Multiplayer, but this game is worth the 19.99 for what it offers as a single player title

I love having the Xbox one with these games. Even with 2k14's NG missteps I think its better than CG 2k. it plays better and the graphics, oh my. I'm a casual FIFA player. i usually never buy 2 years in a row. I bought 13, but 14 NG is heads and tails better. The defense is great the pacing is great, the AI is fantastic and it feels more like real life futbol. And Powerstar Golf is so unexpectedly good. It's simple to pick up and a very fun casual golf game that can be challenging. Especially striving for all gold medals. But they need to add online multiplayer my friends and I want to play this game with each other so bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »